Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Amnesiajune;
That information comes directly from a TTC department chief officer and associated staff. Contractual legal agreements showing specific "connection" fees, payment due date and TTC engineering fees were signed by Bazis before a shovel hit the ground. There is no disagreement over the exact amount due. It's in writing.
There are other legal obligations on the part of Bazis but I'm not able to discuss them at this time. They are fully aware of their outstanding obligations.

That information comes directly from a TTC department chief officer and associated staff.

Where is it located?

Contractual legal agreements showing specific "connection" fees, payment due date and TTC engineering fees were signed by Bazis before a shovel hit the ground. There is no disagreement over the exact amount due. It's in writing.

No contract for any construction is "Party X will pay Y amount of money to Party Z." There are always a mind-boggling number of if-this-then-that clauses that could cause this sort of disagreement. In all likelihood that's what's causing this dispute - two differing interpretations of some part of the contract. Nobody is stupid enough to set off a legal dispute if there's no disagreement over the contract.

amnesiajune;
You're over-thinking the issue and speculating too much. TTC gave Bazis a specific, exact connection fee and payment due date plus other legal obligations in writing before construction started. Bazis lawyers perused the documents and Bazis signed off in full agreement. There is no room for "interpretation." If you had a mortgage payment due the 1st of each month and failed to make full payment on or before that date, you failed to meet your legal, documented, signed obligation to the bank and it then becomes a legal issue, not a dispute because you agreed to all terms. That's the situation Bazis is in now.

TTC gave Bazis a specific, exact connection fee and payment due date plus other legal obligations in writing before construction started. Bazis lawyers perused the documents and Bazis signed off in full agreement. There is no room for "interpretation."

I'd love to see a source for this - not just "anonymous source of anonymous guy on the internet"

If you had a mortgage payment due the 1st of each month...

A loan and a construction contract are two completely different things.

Whale is now doing their soft opening! It's not overly sweet (I didn't see them adding any extra sugar). Glad to see more stores opening up.

The question will be who to sue. Bazis is trying to divert public outrage towards the TTC instead of paying up. We shall see if the public falls for it.

Despite the fact that some people think walking across the street isn't a big deal, three of the owners on my floor in the east building have sent in complaints about the TTC connection now.

They told me that management (Bazis) says they've done their part, did everything TTC told them to do, and the rest is up to TTC now. When they reach out to TTC, they either get no response or get told to ask Bazis. I'm going to guess that most people probably do think it's TTC's fault at this point.

When they reach out to TTC, they either get no response or get told to ask Bazis.

Another sign that there's some financial disagreement. So yes, the owners could file a class-action lawsuit against Bazis but they'd have to be able to prove that Bazis actually dropped the ball - if Bazis can establish that the TTC has some responsibility for the tunnel's failure to open, then they aren't liable for damages (or at the very least, the TTC would share the liability).

This thread is in need of a boost in morale from Bazi's.

This condo project is looking impressive! It has truly transformed the landscape of North York and will be a defining landmark, gateway, and icon to the NYCC. This project's trademark curve, shimmering green glass, and architectural design is like no other condo project in the GTA; truly impressive and unique. This distinct project boast what few, if not any project in the GTA can hold claim to; Underground access to 2 subway lines, a full size grocery chain (METRO), a mid size food court, an LCBO, a Starbucks, Corporate offices, and retail shopping with over 50 retailers.

I don't believe there is any condo project in the GTA, including downtown Toronto that can hold claim to the full service offering being provided to condo residents at Emerald Park. This developer has really nailed on the head what it is condo residents across the GTA are looking for; location, conveniance, shopping, transit, and entertaiment.

The architectural design of these two towers is just quite simply phenomenal! Nothing like this has ever been seen to grace the skyline of Toronto with such beauty. It has been all about the details; stylish contemporary, elegant, leading-edge, avant garde, and chic. Residents will enjoy a state of the art gym with yoga and pilates, an indoor swimming pool leading on to an outdoor terrace with cabanas, a party room with pool tables and games, a bar lounge with comfortable seating and spectacular views of downtown Toronto. Suites will feature exclusive European cabinetry and for the first time ever in North York a complete Miele appliance package, only reserved for high end luxury condominiums. Miele is internationally known to have a reputation for high quality and innovation.

The developer is known to be a green builder who will bring sustainability and environmental friendly choices to this development. All suites will be highly energy efficient using the most advanced technology for energy savings which is good news for residents who are keen in keeping their hydro bills low.

Residents of Emerald Park will enjoy not only the wonderful features and amenities available to them within their own building, but also the lifestyle that surrounds them on Yonge street with shops, theatres, cultural entertainment and restaurants. Quite simply Fabulous!

The aerial photograph of Emerald Park is Breathtaking! Striking! Nothing short of just Spectacular! The shimmering green glass has added a breath of vibrant color to the monochromatic skyline of North York.

This project has developed into an icon that is creating a buzz of excitement not only on this discussion forum but also in magazines and publications across the city. The award winning design has captured the attention of developers across the city and has become one of the most talked about and highly anticipated developments in Toronto.

It features high quality windows that minimize unwanted solar gain and heat loss, high 9” ceilings, large suites ranging to 1349sq, luxury high end finishes with hardwood flooring and spa like bathrooms, a wide range of amenities, and an award winning design that has truly become a landmark that residents can hold their head up and be proud of.

"I don't believe there is any condo project in the GTA, including downtown Toronto that can hold claim to the full service offering being provided to condo residents at Emerald Park."

?

Looks like scorpio1 has been banned and I think that is a good thing.

From his previous posts it seems like he had a connection with the developer and I think anyone in that position has a duty to disclose that to the community.

The automatic subway entrance doors at the southwest corner of Hullmark Center which broke last week are now fixed. So obviously the TTC is quite expedient at fixing these kind of issues.

I'm sure the Emerald Park tunnel is being held up by Bazis, otherwise the TTC would've fixed whatever needs to be fixed and opened it already.

I'm sure the Emerald Park tunnel is being held up by Bazis, otherwise the TTC would've fixed whatever needs to be fixed and opened it already.

I don't think anything is broken. It's some sort of legal issue - most likely, they don't agree on how much Bazis has to pay the TTC in connection fees. There's some amount that every developer has to pay in addition to the cost of building the actual entrance. The TTC isn't going to let the entrance open until the amount they want is paid or they're ordered to do so.

Back