Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Only recently noticed the dental office on the third floor (attached). Does anyone honestly think this sign is going to be noticed ?

IMG_3838.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3838.JPG
    IMG_3838.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,986
Last edited by a moderator:
Only recently noticed the dental office on the third floor (attached). Does anyone honestly think this sign is going to be noticed ?

Well,.... you noticed it didn't you,... so it must be working!!! Depending on interior illumination, it might even be more noticeable at night! And since, we're talking about it,... their advertisement seems to be working!

I noticed the signage about 2.5 weeks ago when I took this photo of it,.... unlike yours, the dental chairs-equipment & cabinets weren't even there, they were doing painting, ceiling & electrical work I guess.

EmeraldPark like most buildings & malls have very strict rules about the placement of signage for businesses; generally can't be external (unless they pay big time for those special privileges like the LCBO signs). I believe at EmeraldPark, most of the retail stores that have external windows usually have a place where they're allowed to place signage on the interior side of the window that's still visible from outside - see how nana shake did their's.

EmeraldPark window blinds are supposed to be plain white,... at least for residential condo units. Nana Shake has white window blinds,.... and if you look very carefully at UncleMeat's current photo (not mine from 2.5 weeks ago), EmeraldPark Dental seems to actually have white blinds in front of their black signage,....

Then there's the city's rules on signage height, size, illumination, etc,.... then it's a whole different can of worms!

IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1831.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1176.JPG
    IMG_1176.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,675
  • IMG_1831.JPG
    IMG_1831.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,661
Well, the dental sign has been there for over 2 weeks and I walk on Poyntz daily. I had no problem seeing the Nana sign as soon as it popped in. Unless my observation skills are on the decline, a very real possibility, my gut feeling is that any sign of this type up above the ground level will get easily overlooked. Would it not make sense to position a separate lit up sign on the lawn by Beecroft advertising the businesses inside. Were the businesses not promised anything ?

View attachment 78353

Date stamp on my photo of EmeraldParkDental was for Mat 26,.... 2.5 weeks ago.

Any signage on exterior side of glass would generally be a no since that's considered EmeraldPark common property; thus property management could reap huge fees selling rights to exterior signage. Any signage on interior side of glass would generally be fine as long as it meets EmeraldPark guidelines. Note: Yonge Street frontage stores have canopy area to play with, whether signage goes here we'll see; but those Yonge Street frontage stores are each $1 million per unit whereas the little nana shakes foodcourt stores are about quarter million.

The city's rule on signage is of course more strict as they're trying to control visual pollution,.... especially above 3.0 metres (street-level). Technically, EmeraldParkDental would likely need a city permit for their signage. Of course, it's also a money-grab. If you look across the street at HullmarkCentre, there's basically no signage above street level,..... ok, not exactly the best example since 80% of HullmarkCentre office condos are empty! Anyways, if the city didn't have any rules on signage,... Toronto would look like this,....
HongKongSignage.jpg

Attachments

• HongKongSignage.jpg
    HongKongSignage.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,678
Took this pic in Tokyo couple of years ago. Burger King and 7/11 do not get preferential treatment there.

14525983648_aa78ed8d9d_k.jpg

Attachments

• 14525983648_aa78ed8d9d_k.jpg
    14525983648_aa78ed8d9d_k.jpg
    894.5 KB · Views: 1,201
The printer/copy/fax computer repair place has started renovations. The flower store has taken unit 129.

Btw, walking by this thing twice a day while watching the "Coming Soon" LCBO sign is gradually driving me to insanity. My only outlet is this blog, the "Emerald Park Anonymous".

LCBO Opening Tuesday, June 28!

IMG_2147.JPG

Joking! ;p Sorry, I just had to do it,..... image is for the LCBO on Steeles Ave West - west of Dufferin that will open on June 28. *** NOT the LCBO at EmeraldPark! ***

Interestingly, I first noticed the Steeles & Dufferin LCBO *Opening Soon* signage about 4 months ago,.... whereas the Opening Soon signage for the LCBO at EmeraldPark been up for well over a year now.

IMG_2150.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2147.JPG
    IMG_2147.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 930
  • IMG_2150.JPG
    IMG_2150.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 948
Now that the Metro deal has closed and they have taken ownership of the entire 2nd floor I would imagine LCBO will be opening up soon!

From Sheppard-Yonge subway station, south entrance at automatic turnstile level,... green door is hoarding for EmeraldPark pedestrian subway tunnel (first and second image). In second image, orange tarp is ventilation shaft opening, steele door beside it should be for EmeraldPark residents entrance-access to their P2 parking level,... towards the right, you see stairway up to street-level - 2 flights..... elevator is hidden. As you can see, tile and flooring is done on this part of EmeraldPark pedestrian subway tunnel (Poyntz exit), they seem to be working on electrical now.

Third image shows, EmeraldPark subway entrance from street level looking down stairway, where only drywall is finished,... still need painting, tiles and flooring,..... ditto for the EmeraldPark residents enterance-access to their P2 parking level.

IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG
IMG_2262.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2255.JPG
    IMG_2255.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,440
  • IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    909.6 KB · Views: 1,475
  • IMG_2262.JPG
    IMG_2262.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,374
Now that the Metro deal has closed and they have taken ownership of the entire 2nd floor I would imagine LCBO will be opening up soon!

Is this true? No guarantees that metro is still opening even though they've taken possession though, right?

image.jpeg

Yay i love jerk pork

Apparently this place is moving/expanding here from an old location. They have good reviews.

As for the Metro closing on the deal, I am surprised they have not bailed. But its so strange they let their tenant renovate but do not do it themselves. There is also a small hair salon opening near the dry cleaner store.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    974.9 KB · Views: 1,096
Last edited:

Back