Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Eau, from all around the Humber Bay Shores area.

Looking southwest along (a future piece of) Annie Craig Drive:

DSC02096.jpg
DSC02117.jpg

Looking across Lake Shore from the Mondelez lands (when are we going to get an update on those from First Capital?):
DSC02121z.jpg
DSC02122.jpg

From across Park Lawn and Lake Shore (and how long will that Esso station go un-redeveloped—was this one of the sites recently sold to Couche-Tard?):
DSC02123z.jpg

The photos don't do the porte cochère justice—it's quite impressive when you're down there.
DSC02126.jpg
DSC02127.jpg
DSC02128.jpg
DSC02129.jpg
DSC02130.jpg

This canted column at the westernmost corner of the Sky Tower hints at the step backs that are to come as the tower rises out of the podium:
DSC02131.jpg

Eau has quite the presence at the southwest end of Marine Parade Drive. It's always been rather sleepy down here compared to the rest of Humber Bay Shore, but it's looking like it will be the new centre of the community once it has opened:
DSC02133.jpg
DSC02137.jpg
DSC02135.jpg

And finally, the view from Humber Bay Park East:
DSC02138.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02096.jpg
    DSC02096.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 561
  • DSC02117.jpg
    DSC02117.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 499
  • DSC02121z.jpg
    DSC02121z.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC02122.jpg
    DSC02122.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 530
  • DSC02123z.jpg
    DSC02123z.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC02126.jpg
    DSC02126.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 497
  • DSC02127.jpg
    DSC02127.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 531
  • DSC02128.jpg
    DSC02128.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 489
  • DSC02129.jpg
    DSC02129.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC02130.jpg
    DSC02130.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC02131.jpg
    DSC02131.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 442
  • DSC02133.jpg
    DSC02133.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 639
  • DSC02135.jpg
    DSC02135.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC02137.jpg
    DSC02137.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC02138.jpg
    DSC02138.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 487
Interchange42
Thanks very much for the updated pictures. The building certainly looks impressive.
Looking forward to seeing the completed building.
This area should be a popular area of the Humber bay shoreline.
I am glad you took a complete set of pictures of the structure. Sometimes it's hard to figure out which part
of the building is which from an isolated picture.
The 5 story part facing Lake Shore Blvd was supposed to be for parking but I think it has been changed.
I was told by Empire that parking is now P1 to P5. P1 is for visitors parking etc. Tenants park from P2 to P5.
So what is that structure for now that parking has been moved underground. Anybody know?

It seems that it's going to be retail at ground level and offices on levels two and three, along with a fair bit of mechanical equipment in it, looks like mostly air handling, probably related to the garage a few floors below. It's only going to be three storeys, with all the floors higher than normal residential or garage floors (and roughly the equivalent of five of them).

It seems that it's going to be retail at ground level and offices on levels two and three, along with a fair bit of mechanical equipment in it, looks like mostly air handling, probably related to the garage a few floors below. It's only going to be three storeys, with all the floors higher than normal residential or garage floors (and roughly the equivalent of five of them).

Retail only at Ground level of the section of the building that fronts onto Lake Shore? Or all of the ground level?

There will also be retail at ground level facing Marine Parade Drive. Not sure about the portion facing Shore Breeze Drive (the road between Eau and Jade). I can tell you this, though; the City has created a number of "convenience addresses" for the property, so that each potential retailer can have its own address. There are 6 of them allocated along Lake Shore, 7 of them allocated along Marine Parade, and 3 of them allocated along Shore Breeze (although those last 3 may all be residential).

Are most of the other new condos also putting retail along the waterfront? Is it becoming an animated shopping/dining district at all? Is there any change at all in the vibe along Marine Parade Drive? The last time I was there was about 2 years ago and I couldn't find a place to eat or even buy a coke. With all the new density there, I hope that changes and it becomes a destination.

Starting at Waterscapes and moving in-to-town-wards, yes, there are a number of places now to eat or buy a coke, get a gelato, croissants… Southwest of Waterscapes, The Cove is under construction. Once it's done and its retail opens, that'll make it easier for the spaces facing Marine parade drive in the base of Riva and Ocean Club to open. Then you have another gap where Vita and Vita Two will go in, then another as-yet-unmarketed building will rise. Next to that is Jade with no retail, but then you get Eau with a dozen potential spots.

Kitty corner across Park Lawn and Lake Shore, Westlake Village is rocking away retail-wise.

The area's retail is coming along, it just took far longer than people expected. The end state of this area will have a large amount of retail I think, especially once the Christie site gets developed.

I hope it develops a nice restaurant/cafe/bar cluster along the waterfront that becomes a popular destination one day!

There already is retail nearby. We have just moved to a condo in the west end of Humber Bay Shores. From there it is walking distance or a very short drive along Lake Shore Dr. to Mimico Village which has most of the retail one could want. We bought some move in necessities at the local hardware store and had an excellent midweek dinner at Tich, an Indian restaurant which received an enthusiastic review from the Globe last year. Next stop a Tapas place which has also had good reviews.

Back