Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

What is the state of the game with the streetcar along Lake Shore Blvd.? The TTC site is not very clear about what is happening there.
Nothing is happening, so you're not really missing out on much. With the exception of the split service that was introduced in 2016 service has stayed exactly the same as it was 15-20 years ago.

Metrolinx (GO Transit) isn't planning on doing anything to help out either so traffic will be an unmitigated mess once this condo, along with others in the area is complete.

What is the state of the game with the streetcar along Lake Shore Blvd.? The TTC site is not very clear about what is happening there.

501 currently runs as buses west of Roncesvalles till December or January. They will be re-building tracks and adding a separated bike lane on Lake Shore from May till December.

There is a transportation master plan underway in the area, so implementation of traffic / transportation improvements is probably 5 years away or so.

April 23rd, 2017

DSC_7653.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_7653.jpg
    DSC_7653.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 385
I ran into Leslie Woo of Metrolinx the other day. She continues to talk about a new GO station for the area as problematic because it's so close to Mimico, and that it could be an either/or situation. I continue to insist whenever I have a Metrolinx representative within earshot that it doesn't have to be either/or, the both stations can exist, that alternate stop service is a possibility, and that there are potentially other engineering solutions available. They don't seem to get that yet, and I wonder at what point, in terms of traffic congestion in this area, Metrolinx will finally be forced to accept that a station here will be an absolute necessity. Not sure why they can't seem to envision the future here—that's what planning is about—and without GO here, the traffic is going to be crazy.

Maybe alternate service (every second train stops at Mimico), but all trains should be stopping at Park Lawn. Look at the density. It would surely be one of the busiest stops on the line, without any viable alternatives. It is the province, through OMB decisions, that allowed for all this development in the area. About time they did something about providing rapid transit for the mess they have created here.

This is a perfect illustration of what's wrong with planning in this province through the Places to Grow Act. They mandate where there should be intensification, and they do very little or nothing at all to provide the infrastructure to support this growth.

Now things will probably only get worse through the reforms that will be made to the Places to Grow Act and the province will continue show ineptitude. It's baffling how Metrolinx (the supposed experts) still doesnt comprehend the importance and significance of a Park Lawn station.

Very little progress for a two-week period.

View of more than half the building is obstructed by Jade, I think they were working on that side mostly.
The NW side of the building (facing Lake Shore on the right of the photo above) is at its final height of three stories. Initially it was supposed to be an above-ground parking lot, although I believe that has changed.
The section of the building on the left of the photo with shorter stories is where the taller tower will rise. We should see it starting rising above the section on the right in the coming weeks.

There's commercial space in those 3 levels on the right of the picture. The amenity terrace will be on top of that.

Back