Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Beauty =

Eatons1.jpg

Attachments

• Eatons1.jpg
    Eatons1.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 340
Looks like they've added a little connecting screen in between the two main ones. It kind of bothers my OCD that it isn't seamless but it's better than not being there.

I also asked a Samsung employee when the store would be opened a few weeks ago. She told me October or November.

KOT_1206.jpg

Attachments

• KOT_1206.jpg
    KOT_1206.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 286
Uniqlo signage is pretty great. Subtle but still has the flair the square seems to demand. I guess when you're next to a massive screen like that you'll always end up looking a little subtle though haha

A few more updates tile work has begun on the new ramp as well as on the plater beside the second cup. The ramp seems to be pretty sizable which explains why they extend the floor out on that level.
37384263220_3980e6930d_z_d.jpg

37610246042_fd7323b25b_z_d.jpg

37593687386_95b4bef8ea_z_d.jpg

They have also stared more work on a new set of doors for the street level entrance at that end as well. From the looks of it looks of it like they are doing waht they did to the trinity street entrances at the north end and creating a sort of airlock to keep the cold and heat out of the rest of the building every time the doors open well also making it easily accessible to everyone. I wonder if hey will change out the TTC ones once they are finished with the others, as they have very weird doors on them, they can be hard to open sometimes.

about a 10,000% improvement. I've heard comments from multiple people completely uninvolved in the architecture world on how nice this bridge is, and it isn't even finished yet.

So, there's not going to be doors, right?

There’s a rolling garage door. Might be necessary for fire or to manage offset store hours at HBC and Saks vs the Eaton Centre.

You can see it in ADRM’s photo. It’s in the box above the entrance. You can see the tracks along the sides.

image-jpeg.124184

Back