Toronto East Harbour | 214.2m | 65s | Cadillac Fairview | Adamson

Not generally a heightist myself, but one significantly taller tower would serve as a landmark/visual anchor well, especially vis-a-vis the proposed Broadview corridor where Hearn would be the southern termini.

AoD

I was a little disappointed to see that "creating a landmark" was not included in the objectives in the planning rationale. I hope that they go for an exceptional piece of (tall) architecture in the final design. Hopefully the city can get behind it as well, considering the placemaking and wayfinding benefits that it would bring.

This project is constantly improving! Excited to see it evolve further.

I was a little disappointed to see that "creating a landmark" was not included in the objectives in the planning rationale. I hope that they go for an exceptional piece of (tall) architecture in the final design. Hopefully the city can get behind it as well, considering the placemaking and wayfinding benefits that it would bring.

Maybe they don't want to lightning rod the locals yet?

AoD

A whole slew of documents were posted on the Dev App site in late December, including an employment analysis, a retail market study, and a technical drawing set:

They've also put a lot of (prelminary) planning into the RER/SmartTrack and Relief line connections:

From the Technical Plans:

The interface with RL is a bit weak (challenge of where it is located I suppose). the Don River edge of the site is wasted so far.

Need to think bigger than treating the edge of the river still as a utilidor. They are going to be regrading the site for flood protection, and rebuilding the DVP/Gardiner ramps - can we have something more imaginative than this?

But look at how wide those planned platforms at the GO station are:

The fact that we're planning for this here and not Union didn't get lost on me.

Unbelievable. Thanks. Great to see they've included the RL in the mix... was worried it'd become an afterthought. Interesting that this is probably the most technical stuff about any RL station that we've seen in over three decades.

I don't recall having seen these renders (from the retail overview doc):

I know these are just conceptual, but my first impression is that the bike lanes could use a bit more separation...

I wonder if the different LRVs might mean anything re: waterfront transit. They obviously have a solid 3D render of the red legacy streetcar, so it's a bit odd that they included the white Transit City vehicle too.

I wonder if the different LRVs might mean anything re: waterfront transit. They obviously have a solid 3D render of the red legacy streetcar, so it's a bit odd that they included the white Transit City vehicle too.

Those look like Flexity Outlooks, not Freedoms. Broadview will be running TTC streetcars and those renders include Broadview.

The Waterfront LRT is supposed to go down Cherry and across Commissioners anyway, so they won't be in any renders. Even if they were, they'd still be Outlooks because the 'LRT' line on Waterfront are to TTC streetcar gauge, not standard, so they can integrate into the rest of the streetcar network.

They appear to be taking the architectural design of the transit hub very serious. That will be a landmark in and of itself.

Tallest building will be 209 metres. So no extraordinarily tall architecture, unfortunately.

Back