Toronto East FiftyFive | 83.21m | 24s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

The NYC condo marketing craze strikes again.

Screen shot 2015-02-04 at 7.07.17 PM.png

Screen shot 2015-02-04 at 7.07.42 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-02-04 at 7.07.17 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-02-04 at 7.07.17 PM.png
    369.5 KB · Views: 1,672
  • Screen shot 2015-02-04 at 7.07.42 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-02-04 at 7.07.42 PM.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,702
53 ONTARIO ST
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

Proposed 25 storey mixed-use building containing street related retail uses and residential uses above. A residential gross floor area of 17,981 square metres is proposed with 620 square metres of grade-related retail uses. The building will contain a total of 277 units, 176 underground parking spaces and 282 bicycle parking spaces.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys 25 # of Units 277
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 113777 STE 28 OZ Feb 9, 2015 Under Review

I don't think that referring to this area as the lower east side is that ridiculous (the use of caps does make it ridiculous however, as if it were an actual entity). There's the east end, which is east of the Don, and the east side, which is Yonge to the Don... and it IS in the lower part of the east side.

I have heard of Leslieville referred to as the "East End" but in the downtown core, I've never heard anybody refer to it as the east side. Most people just refer to the local neighbourhood. (as in Cabbagetown)

I don't think that referring to this area as the lower east side is that ridiculous (the use of caps does make it ridiculous however, as if it were an actual entity). There's the east end, which is east of the Don, and the east side, which is Yonge to the Don... and it IS in the lower part of the east side.

Im in complete agreement of this. Perhaps this is stretching it, but we have other districts like West Queen West which tends to be a fairly large area, or we have something smallser in the likes of the Fashion Distict which has a few blocks. Why is calling this area any different? This area seems to be a bit at the edges of Moss Park and St Lawrence but also close to Distillery, so why not give it a bit of distinction to itself.

It's an embarrassingly dumb name. This is a decidedly UNspectacular location and they're plainly trying to compensate by borrowing the name of a trendy, recognizable NYC location. Lame.

It's an embarrassingly dumb name. This is a decidedly UNspectacular location and they're plainly trying to compensate by borrowing the name of a trendy, recognizable NYC location. Lame.

I can only imagine what kind of blank looks I would get if I told someone I lived on the "Lower East Side".

Back