Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

The photo is marked 1973 in the lower left corner, and there's no reason not to believe it: we can only see one of the two towers.

kALSfch.jpg

A6lO6lG.jpg

From my balcony:
Djf9Ssx.jpg

From yesterday.

IMG_0856.JPG
IMG_0871.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG
IMG_0865.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0856.JPG
    IMG_0856.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 1,375
  • IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    486.3 KB · Views: 1,127
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    508.1 KB · Views: 1,106
  • IMG_0866.JPG
    IMG_0866.JPG
    494.9 KB · Views: 1,106
There's a report on Retail Insider today announcing that RioCan have begun to lease the retail spaces at E Condos. No surprise that TD have taken space, and in fact it's the bulk of the ground floor, including the entire Yonge Street frontage. Take a look at the link above: there are floor plans.

PS - Can't wait to see the hoards of people, and wonder how I'll distinguish them from hordes of people.

There's a report on Retail Insider today announcing that RioCan have begun to lease the retail spaces at E Condos. No surprise that TD have taken space, and in fact it's the bulk of the ground floor, including the entire Yonge Street frontage. Take a look at the link above: there are floor plans.

PS - Can't wait to see the hoards of people, and wonder how I'll distinguish them from hordes of people.

You're not really going to see much street-whording, most of that stuff occurs on-line and out of sight.

So they have basically just taken a lively, animated part of Yonge Street that had stores/restaurants and killed it with another huge bank. Wow, what a great way to create a destination!

So they have basically just taken a lively, animated part of Yonge Street that had stores/restaurants and killed it with another huge bank. Wow, what a great way to create a destination!
Ugh, you are exactly right. It is not as if what was here before was particularly vibrant, but damnit it was not sterile as a bank. I can only imagine this will look something like Aura at ground level.

On the bright side, there is a concourse level here. The beginnings of a Midtown PATH mini-network?

Ugh, you are exactly right. It is not as if what was here before was particularly vibrant, but damnit it was not sterile as a bank. I can only imagine this will look something like Aura at ground level.

On the bright side, there is a concourse level here. The beginnings of a Midtown PATH mini-network?
Will it connect to the mall across the street?

Yes, the pedestrian tunnel under Yonge already connects with the Yonge Eglinton Centre…

but it will change significantly with the rebuild of Eglinton Station to accommodate the Crosstown line. AFAIK, there are still no definitive plans showing how it will all work once that station is done.

When this sort sterilization happens to all of our retail streets, we'll look back and wonder what we've done. I seriously question the urban-sanity of those cheerleading the obliteration of Yonge Street from Bloor to Dundas. Height and density of new proposals are fine, but we need rules limiting bay-width on primary retail streets.

It's not a foreign concept too. NYC regulates things like this in parts of the city / code: http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/planning...west-side-neighborhood-retail-streets/uws.pdf

Yonge Street.JPG

Attachments

• Yonge Street.JPG
    Yonge Street.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 2,256
Pretty terrible ... and I doubt the 2nd floor+ units will do well unless leased to a large retailer which won't get any of us excited; If they cared they'd seak specific tenants and try to make the 2nd floor for restaurants (with a large patio) which could work well.

Back