Toronto DUKE Condos | 25.91m | 7s | TAS | BDP Quadrangle

Delicate stomach, perhaps.

Put me in the majority who love this building - but yes, I too would like to have seen some kind of rhythmic articulation to break up the glass wall at ground level.

IMO, the massing looks great, but this building will look very dated very quickly. The black and white colour scheme, personally makes me puke. I am at least actually grateful they widened the sidewalk.

As for the "one unit ground floor retail" how is it that you know this? And what is it? People have already moved in to this building.

It's very easy to find out the number of retail units by looking at the supporting documentation.

With the lcbo almost ready to open it looks like there is still an empty storefront section next to it that's completely blacked out. It's not the building lobby. What's going on? Is the lcbo using the space for storage?

IMG_9408[1].JPG

IMG_9409[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9408[1].JPG
    IMG_9408[1].JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_9409[1].JPG
    IMG_9409[1].JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 1,221
As much as I would've preferred the retail at the base of DUKE to be divided into two separate units, I'm just glad that the LCBO here didn't apply the same covered window treatment at grade level like the way they did at the new-ish location up at the J.Davis House project.

BDP Quadrangle's website has a rare aerial view angle overlooking DUKE Condos and the Junction area:

duke.jpg

Last edited:

Back