Toronto Dragon Condos | 37.49m | 10s | Ideal Developments | IBI Group

Is Dragon city remaining though ? Or are they redeveloping the entire site, kind of looks that way.

Dragon City is remaining. It's only the attached, south theatre building that will be part of the redevelopment.

Check out the location on this Google maps page, and click on Street view. The graffiti-ed section (where it says Far East Theatre right above) midblock marks where the divide is, also notice the slight difference in brick colour.

+ This old render shows DC will remain: http://twitpic.com/1a8qcu

Last edited:
Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5T 2E5

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 12 157431 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Apr 19, 2012

Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: Proposal to construct new ten-storey building with retail/service uses at grade and approximately 100 residential condominium units above.

April 03
6930606432_01e2a6601c_b.jpg

6930612022_efafa132b2_b.jpg

6930611040_ace889e06e_b.jpg

7076685683_90863a8955_b.jpg

Nice pics but of the wrong building. 270 Spadina is attached to Dragon City, where Pho 88 is.

Saw no notice up on either Pho 88 building or this one. Otherwise I would shot the other one as I was passing it. Thought this was the one based on how the other building was built.

This should be the next one to be done.

Yeah, Flushing's Chinatown is excellent fun; good bustle, good food. I'd love to see our downtown one go that way.

I wonder what that golden coloured material is meant to be, and whether it means lots of opaque balcony cladding. Also, what's the height of the main floor? Anything less than 5 metre high main floors on our main streets should be outlawed, with 6 or 7 metres preferred.

Beyond those concerns, they've done a pretty nice job of designing an instant slum, if that's what they're aiming at.

Back