Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

Hi everyone, this is Andreas from Artscape. I am overlooking Artscape Daniels Launchpad, which will be located on the 4th floor where the black facade has been installed. I will be posting photos irregularly during construction to show how the interior fit-out of our space is progressing. For more information on the project please refer to www.artscapedanielslaunchpad.ca. The first batch of photos is from July 2017 and shows the space before the facade installation. Enjoy!
DSC06443.JPG
DSC06452.JPG
DSC06454.JPG
DSC06471.JPG
DSC06473.JPG
DSC06496.JPG

Attachments

• DSC06443.JPG
    DSC06443.JPG
    678.1 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC06452.JPG
    DSC06452.JPG
    644.3 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC06454.JPG
    DSC06454.JPG
    583.4 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC06471.JPG
    DSC06471.JPG
    698.8 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC06473.JPG
    DSC06473.JPG
    657.9 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC06496.JPG
    DSC06496.JPG
    694.8 KB · Views: 352
Last edited by a moderator:
I love this building overall but find the black glazing on the fourth floor overpowers the nice brick unfortunately. Perhaps once the windows are installed elsewhere it will darken those areas so there is not that overwhelming contrast? With that being said, great project. Kudos.

Hi everyone, this is Andreas from Artscape. I am overlooking Artscape Daniels Launchpad, which will be located on the 4th floor where the black facade has been installed. I will be posting photos irregularly during construction to show how the interior fit-out of our space is progressing. For more information on the project please refer to www.artscapedanielslaunchpad.ca. The first batch of photos is from July 2017 and shows the space before the facade installation. Enjoy!

Thanks for the post. Welcome to the forum and looking forward to your future updates @andreas@artscape

I love this building overall but find the black glazing on the fourth floor overpowers the nice brick unfortunately. Perhaps once the windows are installed elsewhere it will darken those areas so there is not that overwhelming contrast? With that being said, great project. Kudos.

But that CONTRAST, damn I love it. It should give the effect of looking visually distinct from the brick, not overshadow it. I think the photo is just showing a touch too many highlights in the brick, which hides details. In person the effect should be better.

Oh boy. Whyyy is that black projection ('monstrous carbuncle') there? 'Difference for the sake of difference'? Would have been far better if it were just the clean brick all the way up.

Oh boy. Whyyy is that black projection ('monstrous carbuncle') there? 'Difference for the sake of difference'? Would have been far better if it were just the clean brick all the way up.

The function of that part of the building is different from the rest of the building in that it will house an Artscape facility. The different form of the exterior reflects the different function inside. We should wait until completion to see how it fits with the rest of the building.

Last edited:
It was rendered just as it is being built: the curtainwall here is not a surprise if you go through the renderings in the database file.

Daniels.1.jpg

Daniels.2.jpg

Daniels.3.jpg

Daniels.4.jpg

Window installation along east side. And close-up of pre-installation window framing...

Daniels.5.jpg

Daniels.6.jpg

Attachments

• Daniels.1.jpg
    Daniels.1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 373
  • Daniels.2.jpg
    Daniels.2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 329
  • Daniels.3.jpg
    Daniels.3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 329