Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

Man, looking at some of those pics taken from north of the site, I really do wish we had a proper, pedestrian/retail- and cycle-first street realm masterplan for this area. It'd make me feel a lot better about the area in general and, in particular, the prospects for the vibrancy surrounding this and other developments. It's such a shame there hasn't been leadership in that way.

Man, looking at some of those pics taken from north of the site, I really do wish we had a proper, pedestrian/retail- and cycle-first street realm masterplan for this area. It'd make me feel a lot better about the area in general and, in particular, the prospects for the vibrancy surrounding this and other developments. It's such a shame there hasn't been leadership in that way.

Well, we have:

East Bayfront-West Precinct Urban Design Guidelines and East Bayfront Precinct Plan - see WT Website and we have the Lower Yonge Precinct Plan (See: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/waterfront-lower-yonge-precinct-plan.19240/ )

What more do you want?

Well, we have:

East Bayfront-West Precinct Urban Design Guidelines and East Bayfront Precinct Plan - see WT Website and we have the Lower Yonge Precinct Plan (See: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/waterfront-lower-yonge-precinct-plan.19240/ )

What more do you want?

Mostly, one that's much more effective in actually prioritizing the creation of physical infrastructure that promotes safety for pedestrians and cyclists and grade vibrancy above all other uses.

It's not a lack of guideline documents I'm trifling with, it's the contents of the existing ones, which I believe are hindering the potential of this area and the developments contained in it.

Starting to be seen from St Lawrence Market.

IMG_3279.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3279.JPG
    IMG_3279.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 277
Jan 16
More up on site
32236704972_2b682eb2a8_h.jpg

32347815956_638f7dcf69_h.jpg

32009424010_d3f3a73011_h.jpg

32347826806_8e4d3e24e8_h.jpg

32236727912_46646b2cf5_h.jpg

31576069473_7ca0ca65d5_h.jpg

32389196005_5fddde5552_h.jpg

I almost think they should've dug one giant hole instead of separate ones for the office and residential towers. I'm sure there were permit or other issues preventing them from doing so, but would've saved quite a bit of time now.

I almost think they should've dug one giant hole instead of separate ones for the office and residential towers. I'm sure there were permit or other issues preventing them from doing so, but would've saved quite a bit of time now.
Not sure that digging a hole in two phases would take much longer but in any case the northern buildings had tenants until just before they were demolished last fall.

Well, it's just one hole that's been dug in two parts. No idea why they didn't schedule it to all happen at once, but the building on the north half remained up longer, and Daniels can stage the construction as they want!

Back