Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

Re: CrystalBlu redesign.....This just in.

Views will be blocked in almost every direction.

Exactly. I don't understand how they are going to sell these projects.

And I like those garbage cans just south of the site. That will be pleasant to walk past every day.

I predict they'll sell. Remember the three rules of real estate? Views aren't everything.

There will be nice views, but just not from every angle of every suite. Garbage cans can be moved, things can change dramatically. I think this location will only get better over time.

i think there is only 137 units

Exactly. I don't understand how they are going to sell these projects.

Location, location, location.

Pre-release sale is next week.

There will be nice views, but just not from every angle of every suite.

No view south below about the 20th floor (Charles St. apartments), obstructed view west (Manulife apartments), obstructed north view (presuming Uptown rises) but decent view east. Premium south facing Uptown units will be screwed as well with these two buildings being so close. Being on a lower floor or having buildings a street or two away are one thing, but this is going to be an unusually dense area if both projects proceed.

Frankly they shouldn't be putting two point towers next to each other like this.

We don't really know how much airspace there will be between the buildings yet, (do we?) and I am interested to know that.

I suspect that it might be a similar amount of space as there will be between the two Met buildings on Carlton, and we're all going nuts over how "Manhattan" that area is going to look when it's built up.

Until we see models or diagrams showing the spacing and setbacks, I think it's too hard to say what this os going to look like.

We already have seen a diagram of the spacing between the two. It was in the Blu city report. They're insanely close together. Especially considering their cost per square foot.

I suspect that it might be a similar amount of space as there will be between the two Met buildings on Carlton, and we're all going nuts over how "Manhattan" that area is going to look when it's built up.

Yeah, but the essence of Manhattan is building mid-height buildings in rows, with windows facing front, not in building point towers ten feet apart and selling people views of each others' living rooms.

This seems like a suicide pact between the Uptown and CrystalBlu...

Agreed - the projects should take the approach of the Skyline Cosmopolitan and abutt each other. Suites can be designed to look east and west. Point towers in downtown Vancouver require an 80 ft separation.

We already have seen a diagram of the spacing between the two. It was in the Blu city report. They're insanely close together. Especially considering their cost per square foot.

Those who bought into the south side of Uptown (i.e. - at about $500 psf, 23rd floor) are going to be mighty disappointed when they find out another building is going up a few metres outside their window. I'm surprised the City approved two buildings so close together on such a small parcel of land.

I hope one project doesn't kill the other one off, I'd sure like to see one of them make it, preferably Uptown in my opinion.

The problem lies with most current condo buyers being investors. Some have never stepped on Canadian soil, therefore most owners are unaware of things like this.

80 Cumberland on Yorkville ( starbucks ) had a Minto rental building go up right next to it. Everyone on the North side lost their views. Most living in the building were renters, owners lived out of town, nobody did anything so they lost their view.

Back