Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

It's official: 44 storeys. Those who bought a north-facing unit in the X condo may be feeling a bit uneasy...

"Monarch will soon make a bold architectural statement at Bloor and Jarvis in downtown Toronto with their 44 storey condominium, Couture." - from a promotional e-mail

Anyone have a site plan?

Monarch released an email with a link for information on Couture. It states 44 storeys as expected, but under "interior features" it states (in part):

Ceiling heights of approximately 8 ft, on floors 2nd – 21st.

Ceiling heights of approximately 9 ft. on floors 22nd – 45th.

Likely an oversight regarding the 45th floor.

Below is a glimpse of a rendering. It appears to up against a busy street, which I presume is Jarvis Street.

couture.jpg

Interesting that the design is complimentary to X the Condo and has no connection to Bloor Walk One at all. Not a single nod. Nothing. Bupkiss. Squat.

So the tower will be an H form. Interesting. I don't think we have one of those yet (other than the Royal York Hotel, but that's different...). Windows facing into the pockets look like they'll have up-close-and-personal view of neighbouring suites. Hope everyone's friendly.

Counting up from the bottom, the arms of the H hit 41 floors on one side, and 44 on the other. The centre of the H is rather high and may contain further floors of penthouses prior to that last mechanical floor. Hard to say. It is just an artist's rendering though...

Hmm it's not bad at all!
The style reminds me of commie looking brick buildings, but done in glass instead.

The VIP event starts this Wednesday I believe. I heard the demand is coming strong. Does anyone know how strong it is?

this one should have exposed glass elevators onto jarvis in the middle of that H design.

I've seen the floor plans from the 3rd -42nd floor and they are nothing special. Most kitchens are open to the living space without a counter to divide the space, round support columns become the feature of smaller living/dining areas, 8 ft. ceilings from 2-21 & 9 ft from 22-45. If anything approaching 40% is pre-sold then pricing must be very good. No updated or detailed rendering yet.

It's about $465/sq ft. I think it's a fair deal compared to 1 BE.

The floor plans are now available. In contrast to Tridel's James Cooper Mansion, there seem to be quite a few small (i.e., less than 700 square feet) units. The sales centre opens for pre-registrations this Saturday. It will be interesting to measure the frenzy.

Quick! Move downtown before it's too late! One more surface parking lot is gone. It's filling up fast with condos. Hurry! Hurry!

I wonder if anyone visited the sales office, and has info on prices and a photo of the model, showing how it fits in with its neighbours. Here is what I have found so far:

Model Tokyo590 $252490.00,1% OFF,1Bedroom, 590sq.ft on 18th floor.

1 bed. 557sf $199990.
1 bed + den 601sf $243240
2 bed 734sf $288990
2 bed + den 977sf $488990

Back