Toronto Core Condos | 84.12m | 24s | CentreCourt | P + S / IBI

If I had my choice, I'd demolish those 10 times out of 10 and keep Walnut Hall. :(

These are John Tully buildings - I saw discussion of the townhomes in a thread relating to a entertainment district project, where another one of his buildings is being demolished. Apart from being an endangered breed of building, do the experts on Georgian architecture consider this worthy of protection? Shuter may be a bit fragmented right now, but mindful preservation of existing old elements amidst new infill would result in a more interesting street.

Here's the address for Shuter St Condos

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3154611

Redevelopment of the existing proerties municpally known as 64-70 Shuter street for the prupsoes of a new mixed use building , 29 stories above grade complete with 227 dwelling units and ground floor related retail. 84 parking spaces for residents are proposed to be provided in a below grade parking facility.

these were posted (sideways) by matt.ryerson92 at SSC...

IMG_20120712_182351.jpg

IMG_20120712_182402.jpg

I like how it shows a Starbucks at the bottom. That would make 4 within a 5 minute radius. Maybe even less than that.
As for the building. It could be a bit refined, which I'm sure it will be when it goes to market.

The design looks to be a collage of aA facades wrapped on a building of similar shape as Lotus on Yonge & Davenport.

The podium has a bit of the Woodsworth student residences at Bloor & St. George look to it too. I believe that was an aA design.

This could turn out allright. It looks like the design is taking cues from the buildings next door.

As much as I generally don't like to see anything brick torn down (not entirely practical I know), I'm quite impressed with this design and hopes it goes through. The red brick building has already been butchered on the one side with a tacky, stucko make-over. I just hope they don't do the facade reconstruction à la Tableau, in that they don't actually reconstruct any of the original.

In summation: Yay for curves!

Back