Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

I updated my model to be more accurate according to the architectural drawings, looks a lot sleeker now. The floorplate is smaller than I thought.

Also, The image only shows it compared to the existing skyline, not with other proposed buildings.

21.jpg

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 811
I'm becoming more and more fond of that crown design ^. It compliments Aura and serves a functional purpose for the spiralling terraces that will be shielded from view. It would be nice if the sky terrace on the south face was a little higher up, and perhaps more pronounced, so that I could be seen on the skyline as an architectural feature. One aspect I admired about the former design, was that the sky bridge connecting the two buildings would have been seen from miles away.

Interesting, but I do hope Yonge Street is redesigned soon with wider sidewalks, because otherwise it would make no sense whatsoever. There has been an enormous increase in density in the area in the past 15 years, but the infrastructure remains essentially unchanged.

There's no where else in the city that needs to lose a lane of traffic than Yonge downtown. The sidewalks are crazy packed and it's almost dangerous during rush hour. I can't believe how narrow the sidewalks are. If you think of the sheer numbers of people walking compared to people in cars, it makes no sense to have the space allocation the way it is. I know it's in the works, but it needs to happen as soon as possible.

There's no where else in the city that needs to lose a lane of traffic than Yonge downtown. The sidewalks are crazy packed and it's almost dangerous during rush hour. I can't believe how narrow the sidewalks are. If you think of the sheer numbers of people walking compared to people in cars, it makes no sense to have the space allocation the way it is. I know it's in the works, but it needs to happen as soon as possible.

It is indeed in the works, but mind you whatever they wind up proposing there will actually have to be approved by Council. And we're talking about potentially removing at least a lane of vehicular traffic here, so don't hold your breath.

It is indeed in the works, but mind you whatever they wind up proposing there will actually have to be approved by Council. And we're talking about potentially removing at least a lane of vehicular traffic here, so don't hold your breath.

I can't wait to hear why a dear member from Don Valley East should have anything to say about downtown Yonge.

AoD

From yesterday. Anybody know why every retail unit to the south of this project is empty? Yonge Street of old is fading fast.

IMG_4248.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4248.JPG
    IMG_4248.JPG
    399.1 KB · Views: 539
all those retail units are a part of this project.

All but Evergreen and I think one Tenant in the building on the corner are closed, and have been for a while.

Not sure why Cresford terminated all the leases so early, demo likely won't be able to begin for a while still.

All but Evergreen and I think one Tenant in the building on the corner are closed, and have been for a while.
Not sure why Cresford terminated all the leases so early, demo likely won't be able to begin for a while still.

It felt like a good chunk of Yonge between Bloor and Dundas is gone and under construction - 1 B E&W; Clover, Tea House, 484 Yonge (the stores on the site are mostly closed); YSL, Atrium (to come); etc. The stretch of what remains of the strip south of Gerrard looks like it's on its' last legs.

AoD

From yesterday. Anybody know why every retail unit to the south of this project is empty? Yonge Street of old is fading fast.

View attachment 103776

Yep. It is up to and including 365 Yonge, which the architectural plans show as restored. All those retail units pictured are part of it.

One thing I found curious is that 365 is part of 363, which is divided into two equal parts. This one building (Richard S. Williams Block) is listed heritage in its entirety. The architectural drawing only shows the northernmost third. Looking at the heritage assessment, it says the Williams Block "will be partially retained and incorporated into the proposed development," with the west facade being retained in place. It's still not clear to me: does Cresford own 363?

All that said, 355-361 is what remains, and will the the section to watch. Zanzibar is in the middle of it all.

Being the skeptic that i am when it comes to high rise construction in the core, i find it hard to believe this will ever be approved at that height. Between Jennifer Keesmat, who wants to slow down or halt Yonge st. high rise construction and the
city's habit of cutting down heights of proposals as part of the bargaining process, i would be pleasantly surprised if this was ever approved above 75s. I'm not trying to rain on the supertall parade, just thinking more realistically.

Back