Toronto The Code Condos | 30.48m | 9s | BLVD Developments | Hariri Pontarini COMPLETE

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-avenue-lot-also-a-longtime-eyesore-1.1701961

Posted: Sep 11, 2013:

But city planning staff reviewed that nine-storey proposal and deemed it to be a "suitable development for the subject site" and recommended that it be approved — along with a related bylaw zoning amendment — in a report that was delivered in May.

In June, the Toronto and East York Community Council moved to amend the proposal to an eight-storey building, a move Matlow said was hoped would bridge the gap between the nine storeys the developer wanted and the lower structure the residents had sought.

But within days, BLVD Developments served notice that it would appeal council's failure to adopt the staff recommendations with the Ontario Municipal Board.

Lawyers representing BLVD Developments in the matter have filed papers arguing that the community council's "arbitrary" trimming of the project from nine storeys to eight is unjustified and not something that city staff had requested.

A month later, Toronto City Council voted to adopt the amended eight-storey plan, and authorized the city solicitor to attend the forthcoming OMB hearing.

The OMB hearing took place during that week in September. No reports on the final outcome yet though.

Last edited:
If I were Lifetime / BLVD, I'd go back to 11s, partially because it's a perfectly acceptable size for a building on a streetcar ROW, but really more out of base spite.

Re: the above, it's going to be 9 storeys, no spite involved! We also know a few more things now…

The lobby door is going to be on Parkwood, not St. Clair, so the address is changing to 6 Parkwood, and the name is going to be The Code Condos as in the postal code, which I suppose in this case will be Forest Hill's M4V. (Funny coincidence that it's just one number off of Lifetime & TAS's M5V?)

Anyway, the website is up now: http://www.thecodecondos.com

Code Logo final.jpg

Attachments

• Code Logo final.jpg
    Code Logo final.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,501
That's good that they are changing the address. We always associated 282 St. Clair Ave W with that eyesore of a partially completed structure. This is a long time coming!

P.S. We had a hard time getting into the website, but the building looks fairly decent. Not great work by HP, mind you.

I just noticed this today for the first time. I’m so glad the stagnant junk has been removed and something’s finally happening, though I wish it were taller.

Also, will there be retail at the bottom? I dearly hope so; this area needs retail desperately. It has so much potential as a neighbourhood, but the lack of consistent retail really hurts it, making it feel isolated despite the great transit accessibility.

Saturday:

IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_3940.jpg

And a drone shot for context

GOPR0125.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3934.jpg
    IMG_3934.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,069
  • IMG_3936.jpg
    IMG_3936.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,053
  • IMG_3937.jpg
    IMG_3937.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,057
  • IMG_3938.jpg
    IMG_3938.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,057
  • IMG_3940.jpg
    IMG_3940.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,060
  • GOPR0125.jpg
    GOPR0125.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,044
Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4V 1S3

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 14 179367 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Jul 2, 2014

Project: Apartment Building Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a new 9 sty condo with 117 residential units and 2 levels of below grade parking. The Code Condo's. 6 Parkwood Ave.

Back