Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

Build wooden modular condo units in the tower like so ;)

http://www.lunas.pro/3d-rendering/conceptual-3d-visualization-cn-tower-toronto

3D-visualization-concept-CN-Tower-residential-1.jpg

High-quality-3d-render-panoramic-view.jpg

3D-wooden-modules-CN-Tower.jpg

3D-visualization-wooden-condominium-interior.jpg

And before anyone freaks out ............................

I think this was talked about as being one of those things where a firm comes along and says 'look at our imagination!' More of a marketing tool than any inkling of a possible proposal.

I think this was talked about as being one of those things where a firm comes along and says 'look at our imagination!' More of a marketing tool than any inkling of a possible proposal.

(if only a majority of their actual projects exhibited even some of the same thinking...)

Very nice- I wonder if the exterior cladding (the current corrugated parts) should benefit from upgrades at a future stage.

I think the tower would benefit from some minor sympathetic renovations (like what they're doing at Montreal Stadium's tower).

Looks like they doing the rest of the glass to match the 2 sections from earlier in the year?

Looks like it is happening based on these permit - as well as the 3rd floor being renovated - bye bye Horizons?

Application: Building Additions/Alterations
Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina
Application#:17 204688 BLD 00 BA
Issued Date:Aug 31, 2017
Project: Other
Work: Interior Alterations
Description: Proposal to replace existing windows on the 3rd floor observation level of the CN Tower, and adding new floor to ceiling height windows.Phase-2

Application:Building Additions/Alterations
Application#:17 210207 BLD 00 BA
Issued Date:Sep 7, 2017
Project:Other
Work:Interior Alterations
Description: Proposal for interior alterations to the 3rd floor observation level/deck of the CN Tower.

Application:Building Additions/Alterations
Application#:17 229159 BLD 00 BA
Issued Date:Sep 11, 2017
Project:Other
Work:Interior Alterations
Description: Proposal to change glass strength from originally approved permit #16-240799 "CN Tower - 3rd floor"

Looks like a much larger segment than the others. Hopefully they'll even out the windows all the way around without any gaps but this image appears to show at least some portions that are not floor to ceiling windows:

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 10.22.09 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 10.22.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 10.22.09 PM.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 373
As the gondola is sitting exactly where the last replacement is currently, I'm thinking that there's a good chance that it'll keep moving north and we'll see more replacement windows starting.

Back