Toronto The Gloucester on Yonge | 147.82m | 44s | Concord Adex | a—A

587 YONGE ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

to provide for a 44 storey building. In April, 2013, the registered owners filed an appeal to the Ontario MunicipalBoard. Proposed residential gfa of 34977 square metres and a non residential gfa of 3360 square metres.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 15 248458 STE 27 SA Nov 6, 2015 Under Review

This project has been off the radar until Ben's Beer Blog posted that Bar Volo will close after 28 years, by the end of September, and that the 44-storey tower (with 528 residential units and 232 parking spaces) was approved last month.

Bar Volo will be missed. And I lament that new streetfront retail in condos is - with some notable exceptions - incredibly boring and generic. Bar Volo will likely be replaced by a chain pub if any drinking establishment opens here. Yonge Street maybe be tacky, but it's at least interesting, and it's somewhere you can find a place like Bar Volo.

Well, this is pretty depressing...probably time to list the house and pack it in. I was under the impression that the Bar Volo building was to be spared beigeification. Looking forward to the new bastions of torontoculture (BMO/drycleaner/RBC) that will take Volo's place!

Oh. Really? I thought clover was where the shisha place is. I didn't realize it was this spot.

Are we sure about this? Bar volo is at dundonald. I thought this application was for Gloucester?

Three new images:

Lobby-copy.jpg

Pool-copy.jpg

NORM-LI-AG-I-150914_EXTERIOR_Hero-2-copy.jpg

Attachments

• Lobby-copy.jpg
    Lobby-copy.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 1,547
  • Pool-copy.jpg
    Pool-copy.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 1,555
  • NORM-LI-AG-I-150914_EXTERIOR_Hero-2-copy.jpg
    NORM-LI-AG-I-150914_EXTERIOR_Hero-2-copy.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 1,667
I like the massing of the tower portion, but yes the street level is pretty sterile as usual.

Tower looks good, I like the 3 amalgamated tower masses. The same glass for a whole block is a little concerning. I suppose it depends on what the retail is.

Back