News   Apr 24, 2024
 991     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 633     0 

Toronto City Council By-Elections and Appointments 2014-2018 Term

What's to plan. Ward boundaries match federal (and provincial) ridings to eliminate duplication of work.
Unless they are going ahead with that ridiculous idea of adding 3 wards.
The new Ward boundaries were approved by Council by a large majority. Yes, they were appealed to OMB by Councillor diCiano, who was not present to take part in any of the votes! I assume (and City Clerk seems to assune) that they will be approved. The boundaries are not aligned with all Federal or Provincial ridings.

Smithers has gotta be lickin' his chops right now ...

I hope Tory & Co. block his appointment if he decides to throw his hat in the ring (which he will).

I'm supposing it'll be like Ward 44: the onus will be on an assistant or somebody likeminded.

I'm supposing it'll be like Ward 44: the onus will be on an assistant or somebody likeminded.

Or whatever nutjob John Tory thinks will be useful idiot on council....

JimHart.jpg

Attachments

• JimHart.jpg
    JimHart.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 650
I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Moise, the current TDSB trustee for the area, decides to run in either McConnell's seat or one of the new downtown seats. Trustee roles are often launching pads for higher office.

Or whatever nutjob John Tory thinks will be useful idiot on council....

View attachment 114589

Jim Hart isn't a nutjob.

Nice try, though.

(It's clear what he did. New to Twitter ... he felt his tweet might cause a stir, so he quickly deleted it. Rookie mistake. With 71 percent of Canadians opposing it, he would've been better served/off to have left it there.)

And added the #canpoli and #onpoli hastags -- they don't appear on their own.
Likely more Canadians think Trudeau is a traitor than think the $10.5M payment was justified.

However, for Toronto, it likely was a bad choice because there are still some people south of Bloor who support the Liberals.

But seriously, now that Councillors are in for 4 years, the chances of a Council seat becoming vacant due to death, illness, or jumping to Provincial or Federal politics increases.
Maybe Councillors should have to designate an alternate up front, in case they drop out for whatever reason.
Maybe the rest of Council could have the oportunity to veto 1 selection.
Then if the seat becomes vacant beyond the 2 year mark, the alternate takes over.

Likely more Canadians think Trudeau is a traitor than think the $10.5M payment was justified.

However, for Toronto, it likely was a bad choice because there are still some people south of Bloor who support the Liberals.

But seriously, now that Councillors are in for 4 years, the chances of a Council seat becoming vacant due to death, illness, or jumping to Provincial or Federal politics increases.
Maybe Councillors should have to designate an alternate up front, in case they drop out for whatever reason.
Maybe the rest of Council could have the oportunity to veto 1 selection.
Then if the seat becomes vacant beyond the 2 year mark, the alternate takes over.

It sure is funny that a "traitor" expanded the ISIS fight on the ground. If one throws around the words "traitor" and "treason" this lightly, they should go back to taking civics lesson before running for office.

He retweeted an article arguing that the prime minister should be charged with treason. There's "new to Twitter" and then there's... that.

New to Twitter or even positions of public trust? The guy is a seasoned bureaucrat FFS.

AoD

Last edited:
Resident grade-A pieces of shit, Di Ciano and Mammoliti, are trying again to meddle with democracy to preserve their own political fortunes. Per Pagliario, "If all appeals aren't resolved by Jan. 1, the city can't have the new ward boundaries - which council approved - in place for 2018 election."

upload_2017-7-11_9-30-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-11_9-29-44.png
    upload_2017-7-11_9-29-44.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 372
  • upload_2017-7-11_9-30-23.png
    upload_2017-7-11_9-30-23.png
    108 KB · Views: 446
John Tory's endorsement said everything I needed to know about him.
Yeah...Tory aspires to be something that he's not: A Centrist Moderate, likes to market himself that way: "Oh pity the poor and starving in Toronto Housing..." Nice shiny shoes though...

Back