Vaughan Centro Square Condos & Shops | ?m | 33s | Liberty Development | Kirkor

Quick drive by shots from today:

000IMG_6059.JPG

Attachments

• 000IMG_6059.JPG
    000IMG_6059.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 1,026
Getting larger. I assume the shorter building in the back is office space?

IMG_2788.JPG
IMG_2791.JPG
IMG_2790.JPG
IMG_2792.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2788.JPG
    IMG_2788.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_2791.JPG
    IMG_2791.JPG
    319.2 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_2790.JPG
    IMG_2790.JPG
    306.7 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_2792.JPG
    IMG_2792.JPG
    472.5 KB · Views: 714
Reactions: PMT
905 regional road departments should get rid of those ugly highway-style blue attraction signs for every specialty store, golf course, and motel if they want their roads to look more urban.

Probably date from the era of when this was actually a provincial highway.. I can assure you they have been removed on the rebuilt stretches of Highway 7.

And yes, the building at the back is office.

905 regional road departments should get rid of those ugly highway-style blue attraction signs for every specialty store, golf course, and motel if they want their roads to look more urban.

Probably date from the era of when this was actually a provincial highway.. I can assure you they have been removed on the rebuilt stretches of Highway 7.

And yes, the building at the back is office.

They might have removed the blue 7 shields from Highway 7, but they do not care one iota about making these roads more urban. To do that they'd have to bring down speed limits, add more intersections, and dump the name Highway 7 in favour of something—anything—else. Gord Downie Blvd., Golden Horseshoe Way, York South Drive. Streets have proper names. York Region knows this isn't a proper street though, so they've hung onto Highway 7 even though it's technically no longer one.

Actually, the Region itself puts them up, as other arterials have them too. 905 regional road departments for some reason, seem to cling to a rural county mentality.

Even Peel Region, which has always had a more urban signage standard, is starting to do it in the last few years:

Untitled1.png

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 516
They might have removed the blue 7 shields from Highway 7, but they do not care one iota about making these roads more urban. To do that they'd have to bring down speed limits, add more intersections, and dump the name Highway 7 in favour of something—anything—else. Gord Downie Blvd., Golden Horseshoe Way, York South Drive. Streets have proper names. York Region knows this isn't a proper street though, so they've hung onto Highway 7 even though it's technically no longer one.

Ahem the "Avenue 7" lobbying says otherwise

Back