Vaughan Centro Square Condos & Shops | ?m | 33s | Liberty Development | Kirkor

VMC-Site2.jpg

Is this the actual plan for the area?

Is this the actual plan for the area?

I think that's more of an artist's conception of what the area could eventually look like. I could be wrong but the only building currently being built there are the subway station and the KPMG office building.

Considering there are 5 Walmarts with 10km of that location it may not need to be replaced or, depending on how urban Vaughan plans to make VMCC, they'll put it in the podium of one of the new towers.

There are so many location in the Woodbridge neighbourhood of Vaughan to put up towers but VMCC and the empty lots will be built first before the infamous Woodbridge NIMBYs allow towers to tear down their shopping (you should have heard the Ward 2 debates!)

My 2 cents, the gas stations on either corner of this intersection (7/Weston) as well as the Hyundai dealership make much better candidates for knocking down and adding towers.

I think the Home Depot is closing and relocating to Weston + Major Mac. That would be a prime spot for a condo.

I think that's more of an artist's conception of what the area could eventually look like. I could be wrong but the only building currently being built there are the subway station and the KPMG office building.

Yes, that's the concept drawing for what VMC could look like, with the exception that it has been updated to show the approved plans for the KPMG building and the preliminary design for the regional bus terminal. That tan building to the right of the KPMG building represents an idea to build a residential tower on the KPMG land at a later date. All other buildings are just figments of someone's imagination.

With the Future Shop there having closed permanently, the other store in that building (Home Sense?) may leave and so Smart Centres suddenly has a prime spot available for more development.

I think the Home Depot is closing and relocating to Weston + Major Mac. That would be a prime spot for a condo.

Even if that Home Depot closes I wouldn't call it prime location. Home Depot is sandwiched next to a fairly active strip plaza across the street from commercial and industrial.

With the Future Shop there having closed permanently, the other store in that building (Home Sense?) may leave and so Smart Centres suddenly has a prime spot available for more development.

There's a Home Sense, Monster Mortgage, and (IIRC) an appliance repair store in there as well, but it's not prime development, per say. If you look at the plans from Vaughan, Buttermill Ave is supposed to be extended right to 7, perfectly bisecting the current building. Though there's other Smart Center land and that Walmart that are prime.

From May 21. Now there's four cranes for this project:

Untitled1.png

EDIT: The fourth crane was cut off the pic. It appeared in preview:confused:

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,539
Not sure why you can't. I can only suggest stupid things like "widen your browser window"… but I assume it's some other odd bug. What browser are you using, etc. etc?

Since last update there's now a floor or two on the south-most tower, the first walls rising on the north, four cranes, as previously mentioned, and a lot more graffiti on the hoarding (time to email Rosanna)

Inrwc10.jpg

9kj98Vh.jpg

AIYeWWs.jpg

TUq6xLy.jpg

NlqDQrG.jpg

NIPTswl.jpg

SY32x4d.jpg

Attachments

• Inrwc10.jpg
    Inrwc10.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,420
  • 9kj98Vh.jpg