Vaughan Centro Square Condos & Shops | ?m | 33s | Liberty Development | Kirkor

Hwy 7 intersects with Hwy 400 in a massive interchange just east of this site, so no amount of streetscaping of 7 here is going to have any effect whatsoever: it's just a hemorrhaging suburban transportation artery here.

True, but to get from where we are now to this we are going to need to build an actual street wall, not a bunch of buildings set 20/50 feet from the street with landcaping in front of it.

Wait, they'll actually rename it "Avenue 7"??? That sounds worse than Hwy 7!! Vaughan sucks so much at naming things, its not even funny!

Ah Markham, where Avenue 7 fits in nice and tidy between 14th Avenue and 16th Avenue.

And interestingly, Markham has a "42nd Street" which bears no relationship to *any* such local numbering system--rather, it's in a subdivision with a "Manhattan Drive", a "Wall Street", a "Greenwich Avenue", a "Long Island Crescent", etc...

Can't thay at least consider 7th Avenue?? I know it's a little too New York, but come on.

Why don't they just name it after a prominent historical character who lived at the Yonge-7 intersection and applying it across the whole region? That would be consistent with how major T.O. crosstown concessions got their names and would certainly sound a lot better than the unimaginative "Avenue-7."

Where have brains gone these days?

City Planning Staff Report (February 2010)

Looks like the 7777 Weston Road project (good address btw) has been replace with typical glass boxes, with 3 towers now @ 10 + 30 + 33s all connected with a varying height podium ... however its good to see they've now incorporated an office building as part of the project ... the site since been acquired by Liberty Developments

I would've liked the original building geometry more ~ nonetheless, the current design sort of reminds me of Montage @ Cityplace

Site Plan
7777Weston_sp2.jpg

Landscape Plan
7777Weston_landscape2.jpg

Renderings
7777Weston_render2.jpg

And a recap of the previous proposal ...

Wow. Does that ever look bland and anonymous. So it fits right in with the entire city of Vaughan. But I guess any density is better than no density for the bedroom communities.
Does anyone else wonder if this will fly? I'm not really all that familiar with Vaughan's condo market, but 2 or 3 towers went up at Jane & Rutherford, a few shorter developments (some of which may have been retirement communities) are going up around woodbridge avenue, another short one somewhere around Keele and Major Mackenzie.. might 63 more stories of condominiums be a little too much for Vaughan?

the first rendering sort of reminds me of the Hullmark Centre ~ nice nonetheless

Back