Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Centro Square Condos & Shops 
7777 Weston Road, Vaughan
Developer: Liberty Development

Centro Square Condos & Shops | ?m | 33s | Liberty Development | Kirkor Architects

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by Solaris, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Solaris

Solaris Senior Member

This is an interesting looking proposal in Vaughan City Centre, but nonetheless it is not downtown TO :eek: ... lets see what UT has to say :D

This proposal will be serviced entirely by underground (no surface) parking, which will replace an existing car dealership at the northeast corner of Weston Road + Highway 7, with direct frontage on Hwy 7 and access to Viva Transit, I think this is definitely a right step towards building Vaughan City Centre (although nothing much yet at this time) ...

3 residential towers are to rise 24, 28, and 32 storeys respectively, which sits atop a mixed-use podium connecting the buildings through a rooftop garden, in total 1,050 suites are proposed

City Planning Staff Report (June 2008)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010

2. ShonTron

ShonTron Moderator

Good for Vaughan for finally embracing the highrise - the tunnel to the south side of Highway 7 is also kind of interesting. Though the towers look kinda stubby.

3. Towered

Towered Senior Member

No faux BS? No chance of getting built up there then :D

4. lordmandeep

lordmandeep Banned

Wow, I do not know about living at that Intersection.

Its one of the busiest and wackiest intersections in the 905.

Its so busy and there always accidents.

5. Woodbridge_Heights

Woodbridge_Heights Senior Member

More condo in the park. The reality is that if Vaughan intends to turn Hwy (Avenue) 7 into a thoroughly urban street then developments are going to have to come out to the property line and properly meet and address the street.

6. Solaris

Solaris Senior Member

are you sure you are reading the plans correctly? I don't see how this is 'condo in the park' with the proposed podiums and underground parking ~

7. Woodbridge_Heights

It's still just a bunch of landscaping surrounding condo towers. Admittedly I did have to take a second look at the plans, so there will be a 1 storey podium covering the entire lot? And the ladscaping will go on top of this?

It's still disconnected from the street/intersection, I would have preferred if the middle tower were moved from the N-E corner of the site to the S-W corner, right at the intersection of Weston & 7.

8. junctionist

junctionist Senior Member

There appears to be plenty of retail by the streets, which will be a plus if it's connected with the street well.

9. Transportfan

Transportfan Senior Member

I was actually disappointed when I saw where this proposal was located.
    Why would anyone proposal a condo complex here this early when there's all this empty land east of the 400? There's no way those big box stores are going anywhere anytime soon.

10. interchange42

interchange42 Administrator Staff Member

Someone who would be likely to propose a condo complex here, as opposed to across the 400, would be someone who owned land here, as opposed to across the 400.

11. ShonTron

ShonTron Moderator

I didn't realize it before, but this property is currently Al Palladini Pinetree Ford. (Ah, remember when a car dealer was our Minister of Transportation?)

12. marcus_a_j

marcus_a_j Senior Member

The dealership has recently moved.

13. Woodbridge_Heights

As always the execution is as important as the design.

Maybe I'm being picky but looking at the proposal, most of the at street retail/commercial will run along Weston Rd (a good thing) and the back street (Northview blvd). The Weston and 7 intersection is FAR more important than Weston/Northview, particularly if the Avenue 7 vision is ever going to come to fruition. For that to happen we need to have streetscapes along hwy 7 not along parrallel back streets to it.

14. interchange42

interchange42 Administrator Staff Member

Hwy 7 intersects with Hwy 400 in a massive interchange just east of this site, so no amount of streetscaping of 7 here is going to have any effect whatsoever: it's just a hemorrhaging suburban transportation artery here.

15. BMyers

BMyers Active Member

I think the address in 7777 Weston Road.

Come have a weenie with Al Paladini - I remember that radio ad from the 90's!