Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

I find the use of light-coloured spandrel glass in the window wall to be perplexing, when a dark grey would mean less distraction from the strong horizontal lines of the balconies.

Similarly, I'm not sure why the spandrel at U Condos doesn't better match with the windows, as those panels end up competing with the signature organic forms in the balcony glazing.

Those two were from 55 storeys up.

These are from 20 floors higher…

View attachment 56993

Why does Casa 1 have a yellow balcony?! Eek!

Continuously impressed by Casa II. For, certain angles, it's almost like the Theatre Park of the Yonge-Bloor cluster. Also, the fritted/frosted balcony cladding trend is a nice way to hide clutter, while looking incredibly sharp. Exhibit and 1000 Bay are great examples of this look.

Is it breaking with tradition to have one of the middle floors with higher ceilings? This looks to be around 25 or 26.

IMG_0253.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    613.9 KB · Views: 1,330
Why does Casa 1 have a yellow balcony?! Eek!

Looks like the resident wanted to have a yellow surface on their balcony. Could be painted or some sort of padding.

I didn't think owners/tenants have the right to paint their balconies given it is only a "exclusive use common element" space and they don't actually "own" the balcony ? Hopefully management does something about it ~

Is it breaking with tradition to have one of the middle floors with higher ceilings? This looks to be around 25 or 26.

The typical mid-tower floor with the higher ceiling is required as a mechanical transfer floor ... we had the same @ Solaris on Floor 22 out of a 40-storey tower

Back