Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

From this site, it sounds like an announcement about 42 Charles St. East should be due within a few weeks:

Get ready because in early March (Date to be announced), you will be able to purchase a unit at 42 Charles Street East at unbelievable first release VIP prices.

Starting from the mid $200,000 this is a once in a life time opportunity to invest in Toronto’s most sought after Yonge and Bloor neighborhood.

Charles Street is on fire and those lucky clients that were able to purchase a unit from our CHAZ VIP event back in July have already seen an increase of around 19.22% in only 8 months!!!!

About The Condo

42 Charles St. East

The former YMCA building at 42 Charles Street East (across the street from Chaz) purchased by Cresford (of NXT, NXT2, Casa, BSN and Merton-Yonge-Condos fame). The new tower will stand 64-storeys (dwarfing Casa which stands 46 storeys).

Cresford Developments has been focusing on Charles St recently, with its CASA development at 33 Charles St West and Bloor Street Neighborhood development at 38 Charles St. This site should be another great success as East Charles St. in general has also been popular with both developers and end users in the past few years, with 77 Charles West by Aspen Ridge Homes and Chaz on Charles by Edenshaw Homes on 45 Charles St. East. all doing very well.

Given a $250k price, and assuming $500 psf, the units would be starting at about 500 square feet.

Last edited:
$500 a square foot, I would doubt that.

Given that unsold units at most of the new projects in the area are all priced over $550 psf, I would guess this site would be $600 psf plus for sure. I might even guess $650 psf. In Q4-2010, resales at CASA sold for $645 psf, BSN at $565.

I think Urban Toronto should subscribe to Urbanation's report! Ed?

And sorry for talking price in this section for whoever is going to warn me - Real Estate section, I know!

From this site, it sounds like an announcement about 42 Charles St. East should be due within a few weeks:

Given a $250k price, and assuming $500 psf, the units would be starting at about 500 square feet.

They've got studios in CASA that are 366 sq ft....which is the north facing studio. If they started at $250k for a similar sized unit that would be $683 per sq ft. Not many of these small studios have been listed/sold at case but there is one for sale now for $263k but he may be a bit high. Anyways, i'm sure prices will be $600 per sq ft for sure and higher probably at this new project.

There's a photograph taken by me of the Yorkville skyline; Traynor added renderings of buildings to come, including 1 Bloor E; d-b realtor posted on his site as if it was his own.... (could at least provide a link to the thread he ripped it from on UT)

I sent him an email re: his bad deeds. You should contact Re/Max and file a complaint.

I feel your pain though. The people behind a well known project on this site have taken well over 100+ of my pictures for their own gain without crediting me or paying for them. I accidentally found out through their own slip-up and now they refuse to answer my emails.

The best place to file a complaint is RECO, which is a government organization which exists to protect the consumer from real estate misdeeds...not sure if its mandate includes copyright infringement, but it is worth a shot....

http://www.reco.on.ca/ComplaintEnf.aspx?section=HaveComplaint

I can assure you, RECO strikes fear into the hearts of agents everywhere in Ontario...

Just looking to make money... so greedy. Doesn't surprise me... there are many brutal real estate agents out there! :O

"No. From a pedestrian point of view the volume of traffic on this one-way street and vehicles that park on the street are a real problem that will intensify as development (X2 & Chaz) continues over the next couple of years so I think it's a problem that people should not be shrugging off as if it's insignificant. Even the sidewalks along Charles Street are not wide enough, pedestrian traffic is busy in the morning and afternoon - that is if your able to get past vehicles that are parked up on a sidewalk which I frequently see. I am in no way strongly opposed to the height, but yes, I do think it's too tall for this neighbourhood."

As an aside, with regards to scale eventually Stollery's will gt redeveloped and its probable they will outdo 1BE.

Your comment about sidewalks is a good one. There are sidewalk bottlenecks all over the city. Some of this can be addressed by clearing away sidewalk obstructions, but what would we involved in widening sidewalks on certain streets. For example Charles? I would argue that only one side of a street's sidewalk needs to be widened. Probably the best solution is to shave 1' off the roadway and give it to the sidewalk. Otherwise every property would need to sign up to giving up their own frontage.

Given the tax dollars the city is collecting from new condos, we really need to improve the pedestrian experience. If we get this right, and expand the subways we will follow the NY model where fewer people actually own/use cars.

Last edited:
The best place to file a complaint is RECO, which is a government organization which exists to protect the consumer from real estate misdeeds...not sure if its mandate includes copyright infringement, but it is worth a shot....

http://www.reco.on.ca/ComplaintEnf.aspx?section=HaveComplaint

I can assure you, RECO strikes fear into the hearts of agents everywhere in Ontario...

I'm not sure that RECO's mandate includes enforcing copyrights. Still, your suggestion is a good one. Even a letter of enquiry from RECO would be taken seriously, especially if the guilty party is a sales representative as opposed to a broker. The broker running toe office doesn't wamt to see the waters disturbed unnecessarily.

Back