Toronto The Carlaw | ?m | 12s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

Because new developments in the same neighbourhood, have gone up three storeys. Current buildings also have turned down height increase requests. The neighbourhood also doesn't expect the buildings on the West side of Carlaw, North and South of Dundas, to be knocked down. They have been a major part of this neighbourhood.

I guess you expect "high-rise" developments to run through Riverdale as well? And Rosedale? And Cabbagetown? Renewable part of town? What does that mean? Did you actually read my posts? Some people.

Oh and another point for Leslieville.

The Port Lands has 3 exits. When that becomes developed (I'm sure you people want a football stadium down there), all daily activity will have to exit through those three intersections at Leslie, Carlaw, and Cherry Street. Leslieville will indeed take a major hit. And some of us (namely me), continues to invite change by defending the decision for the TTC yard at Leslie & Lakeshore. If you don't seem to think that's significant, then that is where the problem lies. Nobody else signed up for it, including your neighbourhood. THAT is NIMBYism. Then again, denial is a powerful thing. Being reasonable about change is the way to progress. Putting up "high rise" towers in residential neighbourhoods is what Scarborough does.

Oh and another point for Leslieville.

The Port Lands has 3 exits. When that becomes developed (I'm sure you people want a football stadium down there), all daily activity will have to exit through those three intersections at Leslie, Carlaw, and Cherry Street. Leslieville will indeed take a major hit. And some of us (namely me), continues to invite change by defending the decision for the TTC yard at Leslie & Lakeshore. If you don't seem to think that's significant, then that is where the problem lies. Nobody else signed up for it, including your neighbourhood. THAT is NIMBYism. Then again, denial is a powerful thing. Being reasonable about change is the way to progress. Putting up "high rise" towers in residential neighbourhoods is what Scarborough does.

I'm confused - are we arguing about a hypothetical building where no renderings have been released on a plot of land a block up from an 8 story building where there MAY be one day a new 11 story condo?

Yes?

Carry on...

I haven't even looked at what they've done. Just now, I found that Hume likes their Edge Lofts.

Yes. Considering the City is meeting with the developer tomorrow, it is indeed perfect timing to become part of that process. Did you miss that part? Tell me what is confusing.

I think your best plan of attack would be to start lobbying for the development to have lots of terracing from Carlaw towards the 3s residential behind it to ease the transition from mid-rise to low-rise.

That's interesting. Since I provide change for several companies, and studied change management, you are wrong.

Hahahahaha... that's awesome! You do realize this is an anonymous forum, right? You do realize that, even if you 'studied change management' that has absolutely nothing to do with real estate construction, zoning, or anything else we're arguing about here? It's akin to saying 'I'm the Queen of the Faeries, so you need to listen to my expert advice on Canadian politics.'

Anyhoo... I'm going to stop now. I'm also going to ignore your asinine comments about the Portlands and your fears about its development's impact on Leslieville -- except to point out that there's this big road named Lake Shore Boulevard that is designed expressly to whisk Portlanders onto the Gardiner or up Don Roadway to the DVP. Any impact on Leslieville will be cars driven by people coming to eat at restaurants on Queen, and, hopefully, the big new restaurant with deck on the NE corner of Dundas & Carlaw, across from Lolabar, the triangle park, and the ubiquitous Starbucks in the Flatiron...

Well, at the moment we are waiting to see what they have in store. For all we know, this might not even be a problem. But we need to be prepared.

And your medication STILL fails to serve you.

Anonymous or not, your comment makes no sense. But to your credit, that's consistent with your posts. Try reading the thread. Next time it might make more sense to you.

I have no fears on the Port Lands. It won't affect me. But to say it won't change Leslieville is just wrong. And you obviously have no idea about current traffic in Leslieville along Gerrard, Dundas, Queen, Eastern, and Lakeshore. I see them perhaps a little more often than you do. You have to get onto Lakeshore to get onto the Gardiner. The DVP is served by a single lane. All these roads are already jammed in the mornings, and in the evenings.

It is probably best you stop now, because I'm really getting tired of trying to translate your rants.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case some of you aren't sure of what is already there, this should make it easier to compare.

Attachments

• may 26 006.jpg
    may 26 006.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 408
  • may 26 005.jpg
    may 26 005.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 396
I am all for interesting projects and density but this project would see the demo of one of the big old warehouse buildings that make that area cool & edgy in the first place.

wow that is ummmmmm how to put it gently.... a mish-mash of shit crammed together... I'll reserve final judgement for a better rendering, but so far I'm not digging it...

I'm totally betwixt on this.

I need a photo of the existing building to be sure.

Which is to say, if no great history were lost, I'm rather liking this rendering.

But not at the expense of authentic character.

Back