Toronto CampusOne Student Residence (was University Place) | 79.85m | 25s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

beware some godawful signage coming soon on the side

"Is there any way we can possibly make it even worse?"

"I'm not sure that's possible. But adding a big fugly sign on the side *just might* help make it as terrible as possible"

"Let's do that. Any more $h!t we can tack onto it while we're at it?"

Stay tuned... I can only imagine more horrors are forthcoming!

Generally speaking it is quite atrocious, but not completely awful if you don't look up.

And frankly most of the public don't look up.

And frankly most of the public don't look up.

I think that's only true of people moving around the immediate area of a building. If I had a dollar for every time that friends/acquaintances who don't follow or care about architecture or development at all pointed out how boring our skyline has become, I would personally be able to bring in Kengo Kuma, DSRNY, RPBW, and HdM to fix it.

Today.
IMG_7761.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7761.JPG
    IMG_7761.JPG
    619.4 KB · Views: 505
looks pretty good in that last pic, better than many new buildings in this city. Here is a not so attractive view from Chinatown.

IMG_20170903_145233.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170903_145233.jpg
    IMG_20170903_145233.jpg
    912.7 KB · Views: 530
Would have looked decent if they stuck to one design style. The boxy rectilinear form of the building envelope does not suit their haphazard window arrangement and mixture of surfaces. If they stuck to one or two materials and aligned the windows vertically it would look much better. Honestly, the random window crap looks bad on almost every building and I hate that it's a trend.

Back