Toronto CampusOne Student Residence (was University Place) | 79.85m | 25s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

From my condo's roof top Friday evening (near University/Dundas). Sticks out like a sore thumb.

WP_20170609_18_47_45_Rich.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20170609_18_47_45_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170609_18_47_45_Rich.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 561
I drove by this the other day and I can see it not being horrible at street level up to the top of the brick massing. Other than that it deserves every insult being hurled at it here. A real embarrassment of a design.

This could have been a slightly better building if they used a more satin-y reflective material for the upper portions of the building rather than that matte grey.

The sides are unattractive, but they will be mostly blocked by future development of similar height in a few years. It is really critical that they do a good job with the corner development that will likely combine the addresses from here to Spadina.

The first 6-7 floors of this at the front look pretty good in my opinion, and that is what most people will see.

This isn't quite so bad now as it gets closer to completion.

Recall @CanadianNational 's Five Stages of Architectural Mania:

1 - City Announcement: "Found this - now this looks promising."
2 - Elevation Drawing: "Uh-oh. I don't know about this one."
3 - Rendering: "Looks good! Even the box/precast positively glows"
4 - Construction: "Why is this taking so long? This is ridiculous. Is that the final cladding?"
5 - Finished Product: "(sigh) Well, not bad, but it could be better. I need a drink."

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...el-graziani-corazza.17645/page-12#post-577069

I'd say you are transitioning to 5 right now :D

AoD

Back