Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

Re: Burano

...where it looks reasonably good to me. aA & Goldsmith Borgal did a great job of integrating old with new at the Ballet School, Diamond Schmitt did it well at the Bahen Centre, Hariri Pontarini seems to be doing it nicely at their current U of T project... I don't see why aA wouldn't do a good job here.

I think it's worth saving.

IMG_1906.jpg

Oop. You guys are right. My bad, it was KPMB that did NBS with GB. It was aA that did Radio City though, wasn't it?

Anyway, I was out with friends last night from KPMG, which I referred to as KPMB, and they were like 'What? What company? A architectural firm? Nobody's heard of that.'

Stupid accountants.

Okay, who did I offend?

contrite, but still feisty 42

eek. Andrew's photo shows my office, where I'm sitting right now. Now, that's a disposable building.

Archivistower - if you mean the building with the government bookstore I believe it is going to potentially be considered surplus in the next couple of years and be put on the open market.

And if John Tory is successful in moving thousands of government jobs outside of the city, it will not be the only surplus building (sorry....this is really off topic).

Mike, yes, we've heard that. Though in government the wheels move slow. Though I loathe this building it's better than 5775 Yonge, which is the other option.

Ontario government workers have been increasingly forced to vacate the core as rents go up. There used to be quite a few of us in 250 Yonge, and that is all over.

I won't go to York, though, since I haven't actually worked as an archivist for some years, though friends of mine are threatened with such a move. At least they will get a subway.

Mike, yes, we've heard that. Though in government the wheels move slow. Though I loathe this building it's better than 5775 Yonge, which is the other option.
I worked for the MOE in that buiding many summers ago. It isn't bad, if you can bear NYCC.

Considering its location at the very end of the looong exit corridor at the N end of Finch Station, 5775 Yonge might as well be imaginatively referred to as the furthestmost edge of the PATH system, if you get my drift...

Back