Toronto The Bond | 138.68m | 42s | Lifetime | Core Architects COMPLETE

Exterior rendering:

bondc.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...96496520.43319.133647556708921&type=1&theater

Last edited:
Looks like they are asking for more density and 5 extra storeys.

288 A, 290 & 294 ADELAIDE ST. W
File Number: A0416/11TEY Zoning RA Site Specific By-law 210-2011
Owner: LIFETIME ADELAIDE STREET INC
Ward: Trinity-Spadina
Agent: ADAM BROWN
Property Address: 288 A, 290 & 294 ADELAIDE ST.W Community:
Legal Description: PLAN TOWN OF YORK PT LOT 12 N ADELAIDE ST RP 66R24107 PT PART 1

PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To alter the re-development plan approved under Site Specific By-law 210-2011 for the mixed use building
containing commercial levels from levels 1-6 with a commercial parking garage on levels 2-6 by increasing the
number of storeys from 36 to 41 and increasing the number of residential units in the building from 282 dwelling

units to 383 dwelling units.

Looks like they are asking for more density and 5 extra storeys.

PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To alter the re-development plan approved under Site Specific By-law 210-2011 for the mixed use building
containing commercial levels from levels 1-6 with a commercial parking garage on levels 2-6 by increasing [/B]the
number of storeys from 36 to 41[/B] and increasing the number of residential units in the building from 282 dwelling

units to 383 dwelling units.

100 more units from only 5 floors;
or are they re-configuring the floorplans too for more smaller units ?!?!?

100 more units from only 5 floors;
or are they re-configuring the floorplans too for more smaller units ?!?!?

Thats exactly what i thought..20 per floor, there is no way that you can even get 20 studio suites per floor.
More like they are cutting down on the larger suites..Adam Vaughan wont be happy with that.

Good eye you two. Automation, if it's the case that units will be split, doesn't Vaughan have every right to be a bit peeved?

Does that mean that Alice Fazooli's will soon be gone?

Once all these condos are built, taking over every business in the area, you will have all these new condo owners wondering what there is to do in the area. Want to go to a restaurant? You will have to hop in your car and drive to the suburbs...Now of course there will be retail at the base of the condo...Can't wait to browse through another Rabba on a Friday night...

Once all these condos are built, taking over every business in the area, you will have all these new condo owners wondering what there is to do in the area. Want to go to a restaurant? You will have to hop in your car and drive to the suburbs...Now of course there will be retail at the base of the condo...Can't wait to browse through another Rabba on a Friday night...

Your right-on Bloor101..there will not be much going on regarding night-life entertainment once the additional approved 25-30 towers are up and running...it will be just a bunch of fashionistas and their dogs out for a night stroll.:D I guess that can be classified as entertainment.

I believe having the night-life toned down and having the clubs move west is in the best interest for residents. Who would want to live in the heart of the club district with the craziness that goes on at that time... I picture this area having more of a Yorkville night-life feel in the coming years.

I believe having the night-life toned down and having the clubs move west is in the best interest for residents. Who would want to live in the heart of the club district with the craziness that goes on at that time... I picture this area having more of a Yorkville night-life feel in the coming years.

It is not only the clubs being pushed out. What about restaurants like Alice Fazooli? How about the proposals that will push out some of the restaurants on King across from the Lightbox? People are moving in thinking about how exciting the area will be, when their arrival will actually being moving the Entertainment out of the Entertainment district.

A new Alice Fazooli's will be opening at Aura, and I'm sure another will open up elsewhere in the entertainment district. These kind of suburb chains will survive in condoland, but the clubs will probably just keep getting pushed west, I suppose? To be honest, I'm not sure how many other areas in the city could really accommodate large-scale clubs. Maybe we'll just have multiple King Wests and College Streets, etc.

Back