Toronto The Bond | 138.68m | 42s | Lifetime | Core Architects COMPLETE

28576202745_98c7089e81_h.jpg

28291802610_aae14f9f0b_h.jpg

27960720613_f0069b61d3_h.jpg

28291800710_51830ed96a_h.jpg

28469760102_2f621d36cf_h.jpg

28576192015_a8727fd8ca_h.jpg

Isn't it a bit early to declare the success or failure of The Bond at street level? That area is still pure construction, while the only rendering we have of it is a nighttime shot with what looks like a restaurant or two operation behind glass, with one of them having tables on the sidewalk. It's not enough for me to feel certain about how that will be finished.

Meanwhile, in terms of Core's treatment of how buildings meet the street overall, it's very difficult to look at a building and know what pros or cons to attribute to the architect, the developer, etc., but no, they don't stand out for me apart from any other good Toronto architect. Nearby, Fashion House is theirs, 12° is theirs, both for different developers, both quite differently programmed, and both work for me. There may be some failures, but they aren't jumping to my mind right now. Do you have some examples of ones you don't like?

When you look at M5V, the original design was great. But the developer didn't do that great of a job sticking to it. Hope the same thing doesn't happen with this one. Lifetime isn't the type to go all out on design like other developers.

This development is very similar to M5V. Maybe a less glitzy version.

I submit 1375 Dupont as evidence that Core isn't the best at street level.

The cheap pre-fab cottage wanna-be stone look isn't really working for me.
M5V is another good example. Or SE corner of Landsdowne and Dupont

The cheap pre-fab cottage wanna-be stone look isn't really working for me.
M5V is another good example. Or SE corner of Landsdowne and Dupont

M5V IMO is a good design, it just wasn't executed properly and that's on the developer. Could say the same for 12 Degrees too. Think a lot of it has to do with the developer. Considering many of their other projects seem to look pretty good at street level. I guess they have a few duds.

From the bottom of Bond yesterday morning, nice reflection of Cinema tower
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 926

Back