Toronto Berczy Park Revitalization | ?m | ?s

IMG_4260.JPG
IMG_4258.JPG

The fountain was on again tonight. They seem to have increased the water pressure. Looks awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_4258.JPG
    IMG_4258.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 409
  • IMG_4260.JPG
    IMG_4260.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 372
Looks much better with the higher pressure. Why'd they fence it off again?
They adjusted the size of the nozzles in the dogs mouths. I do not think the actual water pressure increased. It has really been fenced off most of the time with fencing moved aside to allow them access. The official opening is 28 June, I assume the kid sculpture/ play area will be done by then.

The City of Toronto will officially re-open Berczy Park on Wednesday, June 28, from 3-7pm. The ceremony will be at 5pm sharp. Come one, come all.

Today the contractors were planting replacements for the trees that did not survive the winter and fountain refinements continue. I assume (hope) the childrens' play sculpture will be in place for the opening.

Hey everyone,

We are going to hold and UrbanToronto meet-up right after the Berczy Park opening ceremonies and on into the evening. We will either hold it at the Flatiron and Firkin (because it's right there and has a patio too (here's hoping for good weather)), or at C'Est What if more of you prefer it. We'd love to see you at the event (no matter which venue it's at. Please let us know which one is preferable to you by voting in the poll atop this page, and we will try to make arrangements at the poll-winner.

Cheers!

I vaguely recall that they did the same with one of the boxes near Corus Entertainment/Sugar Beach? I think it is pretty cool as well.

Okay, time for some news that will be of interest to many of you.

Claude Cormier, along with Marc Hallé who has been in change of bringing Berczy Park to fruition on behalf of the firm, have graciously accepted an invitation to join us after the park's official opening ceremonies on the evening of June 28 for an UrbanToronto meet-up. I'm very pleased that anyone who is able to come will get a chance to meet the slightly mad geniuses who have brought us this rather incredible new landmark. I know that they've been loving the enthusiastic posts and the photography of the work from over the last year or so, so they're looking forward to meeting you too.

What we need is an idea of how many people will be interested in attending. If you haven't voted yet for either the Flatiron and Firkin or C'Est What, then please do. Consider it an informal RSVP. We'll take the total number of votes (currently split 50/50—zoinks!) as an indication of approximately how many are intending to come, but we may send out a more formal RSVP in coming days depending on the total number of votes.

Beyond your chance to meet Claude and Marc, if you've never come to a UT meet-up (I know, we don't hold them as often as we should), they are typically very friendly gatherings where you'll meet a lot of people who care about the kind of things that you do. You may even discover common ground with someone on the Forum whom you normally spar with a bit, you never know.

Anyway, I'm glad to be able to make this announcement. Looking forward to more responses to the vote at the top the page!

Ah! The hideous Solid Waste garbage bins have made their appearance. Nice. Nice.
Why was this not a consideration? This city always seems to mess up on the small details. The waste bins should be put in an attractive shed or covered in some way. After spending all this money, you would think that the aesthetics of this park would be a priority!

Back