Toronto Berczy Park Revitalization | ?m | ?s

It's just really sad that Toronto lost its chance at having its own Old Montreal.

From what I read, Old Montreal was in similar shape by the early 1960s. A lot of buildings were crumbling and emptying out. The streets lacked vitality. But they decided to restore the buildings and invest in the public realm to revitalize the district. To have an Old Montreal of our own, we would have had to have done the same thing with the entire area from St. Lawrence to Bay Street, just like Old Montreal includes the impressive old financial district buildings of St. James Street that resemble the ornate earlier built form of Bay Street. The skyscrapers of Bay Street would have had to have been built elsewhere. The character of the city would be entirely different. It would seem more historic, for one.

Last edited:
If Poland can rebuild Old Warsaw, Russia Christ the Saviour and Germany Frauenkirche; Berliner Stadtschloss, we can always fantasize rebuilding the BoT building or the Temple Building.

AoD

I'd love to see Chorley Park rebuilt as well. Not necessarily as a lavish government residence (with the associated operating costs), but as a hotel, event centre, museum, or other institution.

I'd love to see Chorley Park rebuilt as well. Not necessarily as a lavish government residence (with the associated operating costs), but as a hotel, event centre, museum, or other institution.

I would support this, if only to watch Rosedale denizens go apoplectic and foam at the mouth. They went nuts over a path into the ravine, could you imagine how their heads would explode at the thought of a hotel or museum? We could sell popcorn!

Fence is down. Water in the basin as well. It's nice to see so many people taking photos in front of the fountain.

IMG_4140.JPG
IMG_4141.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4140.JPG
    IMG_4140.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 483
  • IMG_4141.JPG
    IMG_4141.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 477
I just love how thoroughly unimpressed with the fountain that cat looks.
I know where I'll be eating lunch this summer on nice days.

I imagine that by the end of this summer, all the outside dogs will have broken tails as they seem to be weak points. I hope I'm wrong.

Back