image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,920
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    947.9 KB · Views: 1,854
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,826
This project is showing so much promise! I'm unusually surprised to the upside w/execution and materials exceeding my expectations rather than dashing them. Fingers crossed I still feel that way when it opens!

I'm so happy to see the tree protection from idiots who lock their bikes up to trees, in effect killing them by destroying the bark.

I'm so happy to see the tree protection from idiots who lock their bikes up to trees, in effect killing them by destroying the bark.

I'm not pro-tree destruction, but those "idiots" are locking their bikes to trees because the city's chronic under-funding of any non-automobile-centric infrastructure has created a sizeable and growing shortage of bicycle parking.

People don't want to lock their bikes to trees, but they're not going to leave them in the middle of the sidewalk with kickstand deployed and a note on the seat asking kindly for it not to be stolen.

I'm not pro-tree destruction, but those "idiots" are locking their bikes to trees because the city's chronic under-funding of any non-automobile-centric infrastructure has created a sizeable and growing shortage of bicycle parking.

People don't want to lock their bikes to trees, but they're not going to leave them in the middle of the sidewalk with kickstand deployed and a note on the seat asking kindly for it not to be stolen.
Yes there is definitely a lack of parking for bikes in many places. However, I am always able to find a spot, even if it means walking a block away and parking it.

September 13, 2016:

The park benches look mighty nice.

It's a shame the tall electrical transformer panel couldn't be placed in a more discreet location rather than at a gateway entrance to the park. I trust they'll find a suitable way to camouflage it or otherwise transform it into an art piece.

Even locking the bike is no guarantee it won't be stolen apparently. Someone brazenly used bolt cutters in broad daylight to cut the lock on my son's bike, and steal it, all on a public east waterfront site a couple of months ago. You'd think someone would have noticed this. Does anyone else have a similar story ?

Even locking the bike is no guarantee it won't be stolen apparently. Someone brazenly used bolt cutters in broad daylight to cut the lock on my son's bike, and steal it, all on a public east waterfront site a couple of months ago. You'd think someone would have noticed this. Does anyone else have a similar story ?
Not in this thread they don't, sorry! Berczy Park related only please.

Brick layers o'plenty....

Bernzy-1.jpg

Bernzy-2.jpg

Bernzy-3.jpg

Working on the pool , er, fountain...

Bernzy-4.jpg

Welding (metal borders?)...

Bernzy-5.jpg

Bernzy-6.jpg

Bernzy-7.jpg

Looks comfie...

Bernzy-8.jpg