Toronto Beach Club Lofts | 20.12m | 6s | Zen Homes | BDP Quadrangle

Almost done.

22002091094_d42f3364cf_h.jpg

22611339442_090680e0a7_h.jpg

22636086671_8c652114e2_h.jpg

Still no-one in the retail. It can take a while to fill these spaces with the right tenant (or lower the rent enough to attract one?).

DSC05948.jpg
DSC05949.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05948.jpg
    DSC05948.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 654
  • DSC05949.jpg
    DSC05949.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 706
A few years later and it doesn't appear like anyone has moved into the retail spaces yet:

View attachment 267277View attachment 267278View attachment 267279

That streetscape was not well thought out.

Comparatively narrow, no room for trees, no patio space, an emergency door on the front of the building surrounding by inordinate dead space.

As much as I support retail along main streets, I'm not sure about that choice here.

This side of Kingston, at this location is not traditional main street retail.

There's a smattering on the other side of the road.

But elsewise you need to get up near Main Street to see a retail strip.

It's one thing to grow an existing retail strip; it's another to create one out of thin air.

It can be done.....

This is not how.

That streetscape was not well thought out.

Comparatively narrow, no room for trees, no patio space, an emergency door on the front of the building surrounding by inordinate dead space.

As much as I support retail along main streets, I'm not sure about that choice here.

This side of Kingston, at this location is not traditional main street retail.

There's a smattering on the other side of the road.

But elsewise you need to get up near Main Street to see a retail strip.

It's one thing to grow an existing retail strip; it's another to create one out of thin air.

It can be done.....

This is not how.

Yeah, this particular intersection of Kingston & Woodbine isn't the most naturally in tune for pedestrian and retail traffic. There's a gas station on the north corner, and the fairly sizeable cemetery on the west.

There's relatively decent density to the east along Kingston Road, especially as you reach Main Street and furthermore the retail improves increasingly towards Vic Park. Of course there's also the Queen Street core Beaches area, while further north along Gerrard the retail scene picks up again.

Last edited:
Still no retail tenants, they've also removed the sale/leasing signage. Although with the way that the windows at grade are all uniformly covered, I'm curious if these were operating as office or some sort of work/like units.

20220523_120445.jpg

Back