Toronto B.streets Condos | 29.26m | 9s | Lindvest Properties | Hariri Pontarini

Looks good! A nice mid-rise project for the area. I wouldn't mind it starting a bit of a precedent on Bathurst (though certainly not on Bloor). It doesn't even seem to have one of those awful columned "arcades" along the sidewalk, which is a big plus. I dare say it can't be any worse than what it's replacing.

OPA, rezoning and site plan approval applications have been submitted to the city for a 9s residential condo with ground floor retail space. The proposal includes 196 residential units and 147 parking spaces in 2 levels of underground parking. Access to the garage will be located off rear laneway.

Anyone have a link to this? Couldn't find it on the city website.

Looks great! Would love to see more developments like this built along Bathurst in the future, especially between College and Dundas.

Looks like they're getting away with less setback by using colour contrast. Brilliant! I love it.

While obviously an improvement to the neighbourhood I'm going to put in a critical comment. The designers did the best they could with the program requirements so good for them. However, I have rarely seen a project with this width of street frontage under one owner have a positive influence on the dynamics of the street. Given that this is replacing a bunch of nothing, it sure is great. But wait and see until it is built and then take this street frontage and compare it to even the ugliest stretch of comparable length on Bloor street. I feel you will quickly recognize the deadening impact of such long-block developments. This of course may be the intent. Why would a residential block not want to reduce street activity in it's vicinity? Yet given the location, so close to Bloor and Bathurst, one begins to question if the intent of the development and it's context aren't at odds rather than complementary as so many suggest here.

I don't know the exact number of retail units along the front here yet (it's likely changeable, wide spaces that can be divided to suit retailers' needs), but it looks like there will easily be a dozen. If I'm right about that, I don't see that as street deadening.

We've got a new front page story up here, with the first of several new renderings that have been added to the dataBase entry for B.streets. Check it out!

Any idea when their website goes live?

i think there is a second thread for this project. took me a while to find this one (which appears to be the correct thread of the two).

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 1Z5

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 327298 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Dec 16, 2011

Project: Secondary School Demolition

Description: Permit to demolish existing 3 storey Secondary School. - See planning applications for new proposal.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 1Z5

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 329361 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Dec 29, 2011

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Construct a new 9 storey residential condominium complete with ground floor retail space. A total of 195 units are to be provided.

Back