Toronto Avenue & Park | 29.56m | 7s | Stafford | P + S / IBI

Going to be a nice addition to Avenue near Lawrence. That section of Avenue has sucked for a long time.
The section of Avenue Road between Eglinton and Lawrence sucks, but the stretch in question here (north of Lawrence) is actually relatively lively, with plenty of interesting retail going on.

The section of Avenue Road between Eglinton and Lawrence sucks, but the stretch in question here (north of Lawrence) is actually relatively lively, with plenty of interesting retail going on.

The northern section is good but the part near Lawrence is spotty and that's the one I'm referring to. Nissan, parking lot across the street, RBC, CIBC, A&W, Dulux, National Bank, Beer Store, Avis, Subway etc. Basically all box type stores. They all need to go and they need to put parking under or behind. Having this replace the Beer Store is a good start.

I am not familiar with this neighbourhood, perhaps this is a vast improvement. I cannot say that this is attractive to me though.

I hope that the retail on Avenue road meets the street like the retail up the street (in the old strip that works so well). If it does such, it will be a good addition to the neighbourhood.

Revised plans were submitted to the City on July 27, according the Application Information Centre. A step back has been introduced above the 6th storey. The building now fits within the mid rise guidelines angular plane measured from Avenue Rd. It does not however conform with the more strict Avenue Road Guidelines which measure a 45 degree angular plane from the centre line of the street. I like the step back, thoughts?

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 7.04.00 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 7.04.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 7.04.00 PM.png
    983.9 KB · Views: 630
I wish the angle we were seeing here matched one of the angles (in the database file) from the earlier version. It would make comparison easier…

but I don't see anything wrong with the massing. The Avenue Road Guidelines, meanwhile, seem overly strict. Why follow the centreline on that street when normally we measure angular planes fro the other side of the street?

Back