Toronto Auto BLDG | 54.86m | 10s | Castlepoint Numa | a—A

Connectivity over the rail tracks is a challenge, but as others have pointed out, this place is otherwise very well connected from both a transit and cycling/walking perspective. A pedestrian bridge from the Loblaws site east over the rail tracks would be an interesting and logical addition. In terms of vehicular traffic, remember that the Sterling lands are contaminated, so you can only probably only get one level of below-grade parking, which restricts how much parking can be provided.

Last edited:
I very much look forward to this opening. I've always admired the main building and am very happy it's been saved and will be refurbished.

Walk by this site every week. Hopefully it can give the area a shot in the arm. That stretch of Bloor just to the north between the 2 rail lines received some investment but it didn't help. Those new red brick row houses and apartment blocks are horrendous.

That aerial shot posted by interchange42 illustrates to me how this area should really be a West End high density node in the distant future. The transit connectivity is screaming for high density and even commercial development. You are on the Pearson to Union transit corridor and have two GO lines and a subway (potentially two subway if Relief line West ever gets built) converging. In a way its future connectivity make it a superior location to Yonge and Eglinton or the Unilever lands in my opinion.

That aerial shot posted by interchange42 illustrates to me how this area should really be a West End high density node in the distant future. The transit connectivity is screaming for high density and even commercial development. You are on the Pearson to Union transit corridor and have two GO lines and a subway (potentially two subway if Relief line West ever gets built) converging. In a way its future connectivity make it a superior location to Yonge and Eglinton or the Unilever lands in my opinion.

Transit connectivity is actually pretty poor. Proximity, yes. Connectivity, no. This area needs a proper master plan and a walkable & TTC bus-route friendly street network before it's built into another Liberty Village.
Absolutely not ready to be 'density node'.

Transit connectivity is actually pretty poor. Proximity, yes. Connectivity, no. This area needs a proper master plan and a walkable & TTC bus-route friendly street network before it's built into another Liberty Village.
Absolutely not ready to be 'density node'.

With a proper plan, this area has the bones for explosive potential. It really should function as a downtown-west.

The streets here are too narrow to get much more into the area than what's already planned. If you want downtown west, we'll be getting something closer to that on Choice's 2280 Dundas West site which is better connected to larger roads, the subway, GO and UPX, and streetcars.

Here's hoping we get a bike and pedestrian bridge from it to the Lower JCT area.

Back