Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

There is roughly 50+ commercial units in the Aura either for sale or lease, this problem will not go away anytime soon. Funny enough many of the listings mention "future access to the PATH" which is all smoke and mirrors at this point.

Aura and the underground mall in particular made it into The Toronto Star again yesterday:

http://www.thestar.com/life/2016/01/16/aura-torontos-most-visible-and-invisible-building.html

They seem to have taken a more positive spin on the mall and its potential, without ignoring the obvious design blunders, than a lot of other online reviews that completely shredded the project.

That Star article had a level of positivity about Shops at Aura that I've never seen outside of Aura's marketing materials. I think the author delicately insinuated that the retail space can evolve into a bustling flea market.

The challenges of this retail space are clear and undisputed. I hope the truthful nature of this development coming out in the open is a start to get this steered in the right direction before more wasted time and money.

In order to get the huge density increases that they are seeking at the Eaton Chelsea site, everything that the City wants will be on the table for negotiation. There would be no reason for the Chelsea site owners to refuse PATH as part of site redevelopment, (at least none that are obvious to me), as connection to the system is something that will make the space in the buildings more sellable. In the case of the Delta, retrofitting the PATH into the hotel with existing programming of the lower levels would have been hugely disruptive and expensive, and there was likely no business case for it.

Any talk above that PATH would be routed around the Aura section is misguided. Somehow the situation will be sorted out in Aura's concourse level over the coming years, and whatever it takes to fix things down there, the solution won't include doing an end-run around it with PATH through the garage levels.

A question from the ignorant. In your post, you have referred to Aura's concourse level. What level you are referring to? Main floor where lobby is or somewhere else?
Thanks in advance for your patience.

The concourse level is the one that PATH takes. The term is used to indicate a more public place than would be indicated by the use of the word basement, for example.

That Star article had a level of positivity about Shops at Aura that I've never seen outside of Aura's marketing materials. I think the author delicately insinuated that the retail space can evolve into a bustling flea market.

Though I doubt current owners would necessarily want their building associated with a "bustling flea market".

AoD

Anyone know if it will be possible to rebuild the connection between Aura and College park? I used it Monday and I found it actually very confusing and uninviting, I'm puzzled as to why they did it that way, almost as if the shops at Aura were intended to fail.

Found on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/44bqlw/aura_condo_mall_unit_for_rent_for_99month/

For real?

gYC41fS.jpg

Someone in the Reddit thread mentioned it's for the 1st month only or something to that effect.
So by that logic $30/month!

Anyone know if it will be possible to rebuild the connection between Aura and College park? I used it Monday and I found it actually very confusing and uninviting, I'm puzzled as to why they did it that way, almost as if the shops at Aura were intended to fail.
It is just so awkward. I don't get why anyone would ever use it.

Going south from College Park, it is just so much more natural, not to mention more direct and quicker to just exit by the adjacent staircase and walk past Aura at street level.

It's almost as if the project was just designed to make a quick buck, with no thought or serious planning behind it. Hmmm...

Back