Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I too would love an extra 3 floors added. However, the City of Toronto application status website no longer lists the application for 3 extra floors...

Not sure, but the builder may have withdrawn this application. :(

As expected, 42 stated a while back that this was not going through, unfortunately.

I too would love an extra 3 floors added. However, the City of Toronto application status website no longer lists the application for 3 extra floors...

Not sure, but the builder may have withdrawn this application. :(

BRAKING AURA NEWS!!!!!:So my sources tell me the reason its not on the website is because it has been approved, but not officially announced yet. So we may be breaking the news story as we speak now. Also, spoke with engineers at site today, they say the PATH hook up is going to be some how connected to the loading docks below college park. Not sure what sort of changes will be made to CPark to accommodate the PATH. More updates coming soon on my website.

The application we saw for the 3 additional floors is real.

Whether it has been withdrawn or not, we do not have any hard facts.

So until proven otherwise, I've gotta believe this application is still in progress with the city.

Yea its unofficial. But in reality its a genius marketing idea. Sell out the building. When interest wanes and you have a few penthouses left, release more units. Free press and word of mouth. They did this with CP1 and CP2.

2 bedrom + den/study + 2 washrooms. North East corner so can see about 200* around. 1150 sq ft. you eventually get used to the height. I cant wait for wind and swaying. That is gonna be fun. Not sure of the resale now. I want to live there just so i can say, I lived on the 72nd floor. Get to see the sunsets too

LOL!!!! i honestly dislike skyscraper building sway, though it can be fun once in a while (like mini earthquakes). it probably won't sway too much though (maybe a foot at most in severe winds), and regarding your unit, 800 actually isn't too bad at all, considering it's a corner unit on such a high floor with 2 bedrooms,...

and i do hope the height increase happens. that way, it would officially become North America's tallest condo. because right now, it's something like 3 metres shorter than the Beekman/New York by Gehry in Lower Manhattan,

LOL!!!! i honestly dislike skyscraper building sway, though it can be fun once in a while (like mini earthquakes). it probably won't sway too much though (maybe a foot at most in severe winds), and regarding your unit, 800 actually isn't too bad at all, considering it's a corner unit on such a high floor with 2 bedrooms,...

If you are sitting having a coffee and building sawys a foot, coffee could spill in your lap. You might have to nurse a wounded willy for a while. Not a good idea to buy a unit that high.:D

If you are sitting having a coffee and building sawys a foot, coffee could spill in your lap. You might have to nurse a wounded willy for a while. Not a good idea to buy a unit that high.:D

lol! swaying is very slow though, it's more about slowly back and forth, (unlike an earthquake ;) )

In CP1 we get swaying, and the building I think is thicker than AURA is all the way up top.

cool!... how much does it sway? (and how often). i would think that buildings at least 130m will have sway that is noticeable (it also depends on how skinny/fat the building is too), and yeah, the ratio of ROCP is thicker than Aura. But Aura's footprint is of course much bigger,
up on that level of Aura, the facade should be slightly curved, so i'm sure that plays a part in reducing wind sway, (and of course they probably have sway dampers at the top).... experiencing an earthquake at Aura would be EPIC!... the building would probably sway 2 feet!

I like living in highrises but I'm quite sure I wouldn't take to a swaying building very well. I lived on the 38th floor for a year or so before I got into a 2 bedroom lower down in the Plaza II apartments at Yonge & Bloor, I never felt any sway there thank goodness.

My sister used to work in Commerce Court West, and she felt the building swaying during windy times. She also said that they had to slow the elevators during sway.

Mind you, that's an older slab-shaped building.

My sister used to work in Commerce Court West, and she felt the building swaying during windy times. She also said that they had to slow the elevators during sway.

Mind you, that's an older slab-shaped building.

speaking of elevators, can someone remind me how many Aura has?... I'm sure a few (or one?) are reserved for the penthouse/upper levels... but most/if not all of the elevators go from top to bottom right? (without switch overs). Because certain building's elevators are divided with skylobbys (like the old WTC... and i think Trump Toronto does that too with the residential levels). because i can just imagine how busy elevators would be at Aura with 75 floors.... will the elevators be standard size as well (small), or larger?... double decker?? (just kidding)

The swaying was very light during severe wind storms, at least on my floor. Penthouse feels it the most. As for Aura elevators i would expect 9. 3 for every 25 floors. Maybe 4 for high rise to accomodate penthouses.

The swaying was very light during severe wind storms, at least on my floor. Penthouse feels it the most. As for Aura elevators i would expect 9. 3 for every 25 floors. Maybe 4 for high rise to accomodate penthouses.

Being on the top floor, higher than RoCP Penthouse height, you will feel the sway.

There will be 1 elevator for the exclusive use of the individual who buys the top (75th) floor.

It looks like six cabs serve the amenity areas - 53rd floor and three serve amenities & 57th - 75th floor.

aura_retail-1.jpg

Back