Toronto Alter | 107.89m | 33s | Tridel | a—A

I am pretty sure that everything Hydro related, like everything school related, is overseen entirely separately, and therefore there are no Section 37 provisions covering it.

8' ceilings is indeed an unbelievable cop-out. Taking the industry standard and lowering it, when ultimately it negatively effects the resident in a major way that could have easily been leveraged by the developer. Tower-building in concrete is affordable and efficient enough with higher ceilings... 8' is just unnecessary.

8' ceilings is indeed an unbelievable cop-out. Taking the industry standard and lowering it, when ultimately it negatively effects the resident in a major way that could have easily been leveraged by the developer. Tower-building in concrete is affordable and efficient enough with higher ceilings... 8' is just unnecessary.

Well, it's nearly sold out so I guess not too many people are bothered by it.

Well, it's nearly sold out so I guess not too many people are bothered by it.

A project selling out does not mean that said project is good design or up to standards. Of course students will take what they can get! That is not an indicator of a quality living space.

Ceiling heights are something you are stuck with; they are one of the most unchangeable characteristics of a building. It's something you need to get right from the start. (Look at the Dickinson towers in Regent Park, among other places.)

A project selling out does not mean that said project is good design or up to standards. Of course students will take what they can get! That is not an indicator of a quality living space.

Ceiling heights are something you are stuck with; they are one of the most unchangeable characteristics of a building. It's something you need to get right from the start. (Look at the Dickinson towers in Regent Park, among other places.)

My comment had nothing to do with good design. It had to do with people not caring THAT much about ceiling height since it sold out rather quickly. Ceiling height is not that important to some people.

A lot of the older houses getting purchased for $1M+ in this city have 8 ft ceilings. A number of the popular older condos are 8 ft ceilings. So clearly some people don't mind it.

There are more condos with 8ft ceiling than 9ft ones in Toronto. The entitlement of high ceiling living is a bit too much, especially when price is high and 9ft ceilings come with a premium.
9ft ceiling was never the "standard" condo living, was it? 8 feet has always be the standard, now we are saying it impairs our quality of life and hurt resale value.

I do believe that having 8 ft ceiling height will affect resale prices. If you had two similar condos, one with 8 ft ceilings and the other with 9 ft ceilings, which would most people choose? I believe the 9 ft ceiling condos will ultimately start to demand a higher price at time of resale, all other things being equal.

I do believe that having 8 ft ceiling height will affect resale prices. If you had two similar condos, one with 8 ft ceilings and the other with 9 ft ceilings, which would most people choose? I believe the 9 ft ceiling condos will ultimately start to demand a higher price at time of resale, all other things being equal.

of course, but you pay more for a condo with higher ceilings as well. It is not like developers don't know 9ft deserves a premium as well.

Back