News   Mar 28, 2024
 249     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 320     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 682     0 

Toronto Aerial Pics

For those who are wondering the vintage of the aerials posted....well the last 4 images of downtown Toronto were taken in spring 2005 and all of the other images I've posted were shot in the spring of 2007 & 2008. I trust that if you share my interest in urban geography, then you'll enjoy these aerial pics. I'll continue to add to this thread since we're continually shooting our everchanging city.

This one must be from about 1988 or so. Notice no Metro hall or CBC buildings, just big empty parking lots. Very nice! It is best viewed from the second link.

Fv1me.jpg

^ Much earlier than 1988, don't you see it's missing a little red something east of First Canadian Place?

Well, maybe not little.

Great, great picture mattelderca. Toronto before the condo explosion.
I cannot take credit for that one, the link was posted in the previous post by 416.
416 might be able to fill us in with some details on it. It's obviously a helicopter shot, note runner in the bottom left.
Look at the park on the west side of the Eaton Centre, Dundas and Bay.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I know nothing about the pic.

It just came up in a google search.

Completely missed the helicopter runner. Good catch.

Not exactly Toronto but an interesting comparison nonetheless.

400/7
7g5Ih.jpg

Same area, ~50 years ago
cXKP9.jpg

I would think that the then photo might be 60 plus years ago as there is no 400 drive in. The 400 drive in opened in 1954 I believe.

Back