Toronto 914 Eastern Avenue | ?m | 3s | Cecconi Simone | Cecconi Simone

Very interesting. However, this part of the article confused me:
Just west of the Greenwood TTC yard

I think the article is actually referring to the Russell Carhouse, not Greenwood Yard, which is the subway yard closer to Danforth.

Looks like a great project. More stuff like that along Eastern, please. Two things I often wonder about: when the Russell Carhouse property will be sold off for redevelopment (currently the backorder of new streetcars is ensuring that it will last for years to come, methinks) and when Canada Post's immense plant on the south side of Eastern will close.

Any signs of any work here?

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 10.54.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 10.54.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 10.54.24 AM.png

...are those anti-pigeon shields or something?

The latest available street view on Google from Nov 2020 indicates that there's been no movement on site yet (at that point).

However, there does appear to be some signs of life. A minor variance application was submitted coincidentally back in Nov 2020, and some additional documents in March 2021 for a multi-base stacked parking system.

Based on the south elevation drawing, it looks like the design has been changed from the previous full animated rendering.

easte.JPG
easte2.JPG

I believe the punched screens are to make a slightly opaque view out onto Eastern ave. Similar to a house (es) on Mount Pleasant north of Eglinton. Not to deter birds

I believe the punched screens are to make a slightly opaque view out onto Eastern ave. Similar to a house (es) on Mount Pleasant north of Eglinton. Not to deter birds
Oh, right...looking south out onto that street isn't the most pleasant experience, I gather.

Back