Toronto 89 Avenue Yorkville | 76.5m | 20s | Armour Heights | Richard Wengle

-David the realtor- I'm sorry what streetcar vs subway vote are you referring to? Toronto is not building and streetcars lines to my knowledge.

we are building a very small line on Cherry street, though its not exactly a candidate for a subway considering it is something like 500 meters long.

I wouldn't worry about roads here. Roads are something in the city that you forget about as only a very, very, very small amount of trips for someone living in a building like this makes is with a car. Transit, water, hydro, etc are the bigger concerns.

I also think that we should never limit growth because of infrastructure problems, we should build new infrastructure.

There appears to be only one way in and one way out of this property. That will create a traffic nightmare if the property's density is intensified. I think that's a stronger argument than the height here, although the two go hand in hand.

Nice architecture I must say. :)

That's making the assumption that these new urban condo residents will use cars for all there commuting and travel in the city.
Intensification in the downtown core is adding a whole huge new class of residents who do not need to use (or even own) cars.

That's making the assumption that these new urban condo residents will use cars for all there commuting and travel in the city.
Intensification in the downtown core is adding a whole huge new class of residents who do not need to use (or even own) cars.

History shows otherwise. People may be driving less in an area like this but they still own vehicles. It's very high end. Furthermore, this is a proposed hotel which necessitates constant vehicular travel to and from the property 24/7.

I was referring to the Eglinton LRT vs subways debate that was on going for quite some time, folks the bottom line is that the city has horrible long term planning policies for infrastructure. Councillors seem to think in terms of now and not 50 years from now.

And you seem to think in term of 50 years in the past if you think that building more roads is the best solution.

Yes, but this isn't the four seasons…it's a small boutique hotel, and the car traffic it will add will be spread out through the day, so it won't single-handedly cause gridlock in the area.

City Council just voted not long ago for street cars and not subways, so that should tell you that they have zero vision for the future. Infrastructure in Toronto was 10 years behind where it should be 10 years ago lol so we are now 20 years behind in much needed infrastructure. Very sad when you look at cities like dubai where they have a double stacked 8 lane highway and 6 lane main roads each way ( thats called future planning, not street cars :(

Double stacked 8 lane highways and 6 lane roads each way? That's what you want in downtown Toronto? Thank god you didn't become a city planner. (in Toronto)

double stacked 8 lane highway and 6 lane main roads each way ( thats called future planning, not street cars :(

Wow, that sounds horrendous! And it might make practical sense for a place that barely has anything except for a bunch of skyscrapers and you can't really walk anywhere, but not for a dense-ish city like Toronto.

History shows otherwise. People may be driving less in an area like this but they still own vehicles. It's very high end. Furthermore, this is a proposed hotel which necessitates constant vehicular travel to and from the property 24/7.

The Hazelton came in to the neighbourhood and hardly anyone noticed an uptick in traffic. Added auto traffic from this development will be negligible.

I was referring to the Eglinton LRT vs subways debate that was on going for quite some time, folks the bottom line is that the city has horrible long term planning policies for infrastructure. Councillors seem to think in terms of now and not 50 years from now.

Folks? Really going all the way with the Ford-speak there, huh?

Back