Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

If the building heights reported in The Skyscraper Centre website are accurate, then 88 Scott Street's highest roof line (it has a staggered roof profile - see East Elevation rendering in post #1236) should line up with the bottom of 181 Bay Street's mechanical penthouse. So to your shadow analogy, and using CCW as the backdrop, 88 Scott Street will top out approximately three (3) CCW floors above the shadow and/or 6 CCW office floors below the CIBC logo (clear as mud, right?).

Crystal Mud.

It's not going to hide, and that's excellent shadow placement.

Edited Razz's. You have an amazing view of the city.
IMG_5134_zpszycve08y.jpg~original

Last edited:
^ Cool!

Thanks Ryan_T for doing that. I guess we'll have to wait until Sept/Oct to find out how accurate your render placement is/was, but I'll bet you are spot on.

I wouldn't be completely shocked to see curtain wall used for the bulk of the tower. The balcony arrangement lends itself to curtain wall as it leaves large vertical expanses unbroken. The project is also listed on Toro Glasswall's site (Glasswall's is Toro Aluminum's curtain wall subsidiary). They could just be supplying some of the podium cladding, but it's possible.

I wouldn't be completely shocked to see curtain wall used for the bulk of the tower. The balcony arrangement lends itself to curtain wall as it leaves large vertical expanses unbroken. The project is also listed on Toro Glasswall's site (Glasswall's is Toro Aluminum's curtain wall subsidiary). They could just be supplying some of the podium cladding, but it's possible.
The renderings suggest window wall with spandrel. I expect it to be of similar quality as INDX.

Nothing with this development team gives me any indication curtain wall will be used for the residential tower. Curtain wall is the minimum for the office space.

I love that strip of parkland going down the Esplanade there. It's always struck as so classically urban. One of my favourite neighborhoods. Just has a certain charm and intimacy to it.

I totally agree. I wish Toronto had more prominent boulevards like The Esplanade, but the St. Lawrence neighbourhood was a well planned community from the outset, which made The Esplanade possible. Front Street East between Cherry Street and Bayview Avenue may soon be become recognized as perhaps Toronto''s most impressive grand avenues - deemphasizing the automobile in favour of extra wide sidewalks and a larger than normal separation distance from the building face on one side of the street to that of the other. Unfortunately, we will all have to wait another couple of months to see it for ourselves.

The Esplanade is well laid out, but I wouldn't mind seeing those 70s structures replaced with modern buildings. Some S&P buildings along the boulevard would be nice.

Back