Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

This is a case of a so-so design saved by height, location, not being a box, and the fact that it doesn't have an identical twin a kitty corner away. This isn't the platonic version of a condominium building but it'll do as a skyline-extender.

Can say that about several well-received buildings out there. Height helps a lot, along with location, shape, etc.

Given Concert's track record, this baby is going to look great inside and out.

88.1.jpg

88.2.jpg

88.3.jpg

Attachments

• 88.1.jpg
    88.1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 377
  • 88.2.jpg
    88.2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 357
  • 88.3.jpg
    88.3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 407
I appreciate how the setbacks (especially at the top) allude to the recesses in buildings such as the TD Canada Trust tower, the Bay Wellington Tower and even the top of Scotia Plaza. I feel like architects do their best work by fully considering a building's context then designing to complement it

March 22, 2017

Fabulous pic. Makes me wish for a dozen more like it to keep growing the downtown area. What with this and Massey, Pinnacle, Monde, Tridel on the waterfront, the LCBO lands, 10 York and the new Harbour Plaza towers, the City is really coming alive. Massive changes, and all for the better.

Last edited:
Those 2 projects on Yonge plus Wellesley on the park will dramatically change that view.

Benito is starting to get boxed in :cool:

I'd say Manhattan, here we come. But in reality, we're about a 100 years behind. Still, Toronto is finally moving in the right direction. Speculation my butt. It's not a case of built it and they will come. In reality, they're coming and the developers can't seem to build it fast enough. Toronto has reached the face of the wave and now we're riding pipe and it's a thrill.

Back