Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

L Tower has one of the most distinctive profiles in the city, whether we're talking about condos or office towers. Its curves are quite elegant. Its shade of blue continues the theme of different coloured skyscrapers in the Financial District. It's clad in curtainwall and window wall. The execution wasn't spectacular, but it was hardly horrible. You'd have to live there or have a reputable source to know how it was finished. Baseless speculation is meaningless.

Reports in the papers and feedback from brokers more than confirms speculation.

From yesterday:

Reports in the papers and feedback from brokers more than confirms speculation.

If you can't cite anything specific, it still counts for little in conversation. The media reports I read related to the delays in removing the crane and finishing the lobby and certain amenities, which is more about the pace of construction than the quality of the work itself. Those reports were from 2015. I imagine that plenty more has been completed and fixed since then. You'd be hard pressed to find a building or subdivision development where things didn't have to be fixed with regard to the interior spaces of the homes in the initial couple of years after completion.

If you can't cite anything specific, it still counts for little in conversation. The media reports I read related to the delays in removing the crane and finishing the lobby and certain amenities, which is more about the pace of construction than the quality of the work itself. Those reports were from 2015. I imagine that plenty more has been completed and fixed since then. You'd be hard pressed to find a building or subdivision development where things didn't have to be fixed with regard to the interior spaces of the homes in the initial couple of years after completion.

Perhaps your right. I think its wrong. Dead wrong. I've been in many brand new condos i Toronto over the last couple of years and the common observation is the developer finishes the suite interiors to the point possession can occur, but the rest of the project is so far from finished it's criminal. Unfinished hallways and lobbies featuring bare concrete and hanging temp construction lights. Amenities which are non existent. Infrastructure is incomplete and or constantly failing. I'm not talking about in-suite deficiencies. That's another horror story altogether.

unbelievable how some people will contort logic to apologize for negligence and incompetence bordering on criminality! he dismisses first hand reports as unreliable but then quotes an article he read 2 years ago in the media as the most reliable source - a source which talked only to the developer who of course are going to present the rosiest view of things. sounds like a perfect candidate for a US cabinet posting.

Perhaps your right. I think its wrong. Dead wrong. I've been in many brand new condos i Toronto over the last couple of years and the common observation is the developer finishes the suite interiors to the point possession can occur, but the rest of the project is so far from finished it's criminal. Unfinished hallways and lobbies featuring bare concrete and hanging temp construction lights. Amenities which are non existent. Infrastructure is incomplete and or constantly failing. I'm not talking about in-suite deficiencies. That's another horror story altogether.

Is the developer to blame or the contractor? (of course, many are under the same umbrella like L Tower was.)

When you building something on the scale of a condo tower, it's going to take a long time to get everything done. There's a trade off. People get to move in sooner, but they have to deal with ongoing construction.

When you building something on the scale of a condo tower, it's going to take a long time to get everything done. There's a trade off. People get to move in sooner, but they have to deal with ongoing construction.

Depends on the developer. I've had both extremes. For example, my most recent experience was with Berczy. I'm halfway up (of 12 floors) and the building was already registered, amenities open, carpet installed, etc. As purchasers, we need to demand better and use our wallets to make points. For example, I'll never purchase from Citizen again.

Back