Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

This bad boy's peaking out from the Eaton Centre garage:
2017-02-15 17.09.22.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-02-15 17.09.22.jpg
    2017-02-15 17.09.22.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 406
This is arguably one of the best located condos in the city. Easy walking distance to the financial core, St Lawrence, subway, Union, Waterfront, Eaton Centre, etc., etc., etc. Too bad it will be way, way out of my price range.

My expectation is it could rocket in price against the glass crap condos near the ACC and Rogers Centre, plus the infamous L Tower. 10 York and perhaps Harbour Square being exceptions. Reasons are overall quality, a signature look and a stated goal by the developer to deliver the building finished in all respects. What a novel concept! 2 years on and some of the aforementioned examples are still construction zones.

My expectation is it could rocket in price against the glass crap condos near the ACC and Rogers Centre, plus the infamous L Tower. 10 York and perhaps Harbour Square being exceptions. Reasons are overall quality, a signature look and a stated goal by the developer to deliver the building finished in all respects. What a novel concept! 2 years on and some of the aforementioned examples are still construction zones.

Both 88 Scott and L Tower have stellar locations and great designs. L Tower has been marred by construction difficulties, but once complete, it will easily be the more recognizable and iconic tower of the two.

Both 88 Scott and L Tower have stellar locations and great designs. L Tower has been marred by construction difficulties, but once complete, it will easily be the more recognizable and iconic tower of the two.

Interesting design, but not what was originally conceived and sold to the City. Homeowners have more protection when buying a toaster compared to a condo in Ontario. Horrible execution of the final product, aside from the fact it's still not finished 2 years after possession. And if that was / is the manner and approach by the developer, guaranteed the level of finish is not as advertised, nor the infrastructure what it should be. It could, like many other glass crap towers, become a Chevy Vega of condos as time rolls on. And the owners who will pay the hefty price in dollars and never ending frustration and inconvenience. See Maple Leaf Square! I've always thought L Tower looked interesting, but never attractive. I'd take Backstage over L Tower. But even still, the evil of two lessers.

Interesting design, but not what was originally conceived and sold to the City. Homeowners have more protection when buying a toaster compared to a condo in Ontario. Horrible execution of the final product, aside from the fact it's still not finished 2 years after possession. And if that was / is the manner and approach by the developer, guaranteed the level of finish is not as advertised, nor the infrastructure what it should be. It could, like many other glass crap towers, become a Chevy Vega of condos as time rolls on. And the owners who will pay the hefty price in dollars and never ending frustration and inconvenience. See Maple Leaf Square! I've always thought L Tower looked interesting, but never attractive. I'd take Backstage over L Tower. But even still, the evil of two lessers.

L Tower has one of the most distinctive profiles in the city, whether we're talking about condos or office towers. Its curves are quite elegant. Its shade of blue continues the theme of different coloured skyscrapers in the Financial District. It's clad in curtainwall and window wall. The execution wasn't spectacular, but it was hardly horrible. You'd have to live there or have a reputable source to know how it was finished. Baseless speculation is meaningless.

What a WONDEROUS place to put that tourist/info sign hmm? ;O
To be fair, there are lots of tourists at St Lawrence Market and this map is looked at very often. In addition, crowds there worse than usual as Hydro have blocked 75% of sidewalk just further east. The sidewalks I Old Town are narrow and not much can be done.

Back