Toronto The Ivy | 110.33m | 34s | Tricon | Graziani + Corazza

It looks too generic to be Five. Could it be Nicholas? You decide: here's all of the detail I was able to squeeze out of androiduk's photo.

GloucesterMewsExt750.jpg

GloucesterMewsPod960.jpg

GloucesterMewsSky960.jpg

About as good as can be expected. The tower isn't something that will wow you as you go by, but they did a really nice job placing it. Is that a reflection of Five St. Joseph in the glass?

given this location and the angle of the reflection, 5ive is too far south so my guess is St. Nicholas as it's more NW

Actually, now that i see it on a map, I think it is more likely to represent 5ive... just not that well.

The dataBase listing - only with what is already in this thread - is now up here.

The inset balconies look great. The building is fine. Its complete lack of features defer to the original Gloucester Mews, which is the beauty here.

I think some kind of attempt to take a feature from the original building and incorporate a new version of it into the design could have made this one more interesting (for example, a new modern replication of the small rooftop element on the corner of the mews on the roof of this one).

Actually, now that i see it on a map, I think it is more likely to represent 5ive... just not that well.

The dataBase listing - only with what is already in this thread - is now up here.

That's impossible... the reflection is in line with 75 St.Nicholas, no matter how generic their rendering of it. I don't think they want to draw too much attention to another project with an accurate reflection anyway.

Sorry, why do we care so much which building is in the reflection?

Anyways I think it looks great and I love how it's set behind the heritage building on Yonge. I do think it's sad that FLY will be disappearing. It's such a popular club.

Looks handsome and not trendy nor overdone. It will certainly stand the test of time.
I really like how there's no stereotypical podium which the tower is sitting on -- it's almost the exact opposite where tower appears to be floating.

It looks too generic to be Five. Could it be Nicholas? You decide: here's all of the detail I was able to squeeze out of androiduk's photo.

GloucesterMewsExt750.jpg

GloucesterMewsPod960.jpg

GloucesterMewsSky960.jpg

Is that a rooftop garden in your last pic interchange42?? looks like greenery of some sort around the edge. if so then that would be awesome....especially if it is common outdoor space.....if so then i am a buyer in this building for sure!! but if they're including it as part of a private penrhouse unit then.....the price will be too high for me so i'm out!!!!!

A decent looking infill project that's for sure, and certainly nothing that will stir too many opponents. It looks good from that vantage point and will probably look just as good from street level alongside Gloucester Mews.

A common rooftop garden would really be a nice touch to have in any one of these upcoming projects! Let's see what they're actual plans are with this one.

Is the variation in the glass on the south side due to the inclusion of window coverings in the render (which doesn't seem to be very common) or part of the colour scheme?

It's a bit early to say. If you look back a page, you will see that this rendering is from a Notice of Application to Amend the Zoning By-Law Board posted onsite. In other words, initial public consultation is about to take place, and no marketing is underway yet. Who knows how much this proposal will change before sales begin. (Maybe not at all, but maybe substantially.)

Back